3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lrn2ejucate

--
27 Dec 2008 03:23 AM

Hi All –

Just wanted to shout out to everyone. I have been reading the forum for quite some time and find this a really fantastic source.

I am new to Spec Miatas, but not new to racing. Grew up on the vintage circuit in Northern California, and am pleased to call Sears Point and Laguna homes away from homes… Though the padocks were not quite as nice back in the day…

In any case, I am spending the year finishing the restoration of a 61 bugeye, and sourcing and preparing to enter the 2010 SM SCCA season. Part of my to-do’s is to take another Skip Barber course, take the SCCA school, oh and source a car. My objective initially (unless convinced otherwise) is to find a nicely prepared car which is safe and reliable and hopefully competitive, however recognizing that it is likely driver (software) over hardware (car) that has the most influence on being competitive.

Having said all that, hoping you veterans out there can shed some light on what I should be looking for in a car.

What years should I be looking at?

Hard Top, I assume over soft?

Gotchyas?

Particular Roll Cage or Roll Cage features?

Suspension?

Wheels ?

Engine?

Transmission and Differential?

Exhaust?

Crazy question, but anything I need to look out for as far as identifying a cheater car?

Basically, what should a driver with lots of seat time in various cars and karts be looking for when shopping for his next ride? I have heard great things about the class, from friends in the class, I have been to several events up at Thunder Hill, and am ready to take the plunge. Any help in pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the track!

Oh – If anyone knows of a good home for these, let me know

http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/338259.aspx

A

DaveV

--
    02 Jan 2009 01:50 PM

Hi,

I do have a car that fits your needs but located in the midwest,may not work out but feel free to call or email with all your Spec Miata questions.For a "spec" class theirs a lot of crap to sift through.

Dave

515-202-7490

dave@heartlandheating.com

aceking66

--
    12 Feb 2009 03:56 PM

check out the spec miata forum thats where all the SM racer goes it have all the info you need and there are tons of spec miata forsale there!!

http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/...matebb.cgi

chi

taznr67

--
    06 May 2013 11:02 AM
    2000 spec miata for sale do to illness 10, 000.for completepackage. very nice car 717-652-7733 paul
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner