Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 01 Jan 2009 01:36 AM by  Chris D
2009 Midwest DIVISION Solo Schedule
 13 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
donnah
New Member
New Member
Posts:


--
29 Dec 2008 11:20 PM
    2009 Midiv schedule is official. 

    There are 3 Midiv Solo Series events sponsored by SPS and RS Racing - Blytheville, AR, Salina, KS & Neosho, MO (just south of Joplin MO on 71 hwy). 

    There is one Midwest Division Solo Championship event sponsored by Tirerack - Lincoln, NE. This event - while held in Lincoln - will truly be a group effort. Experience from around the region will be recruited to fill vital roles for the event. 

    April 18/19
    Blytheville SPS/RS Racing Midiv Solo Event 1(Mid-South Region) 

    June 27/28 
    Salina SPS/RS Racing Midiv Solo Event 2 (Salina Region) 

    July 11/12 
    Neosho MO SPS/RS Racing Midiv Solo Event 3 (Ozark Mountain Region) 

    August 22/23 
    Lincoln Tirerack Midwest Division Solo Championship (Nebraska Region) 

    There is some fine tuning being worked out now on some aspects of the 2009 Midiv program and the results will be shared once finalized. 

    Specific detailed schedules will be posted on www.midivsolo.org as we move forward.
    treinhar
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:304


    --
    30 Dec 2008 07:30 AM
    Neosho MO SPS/RS Racing Midiv Solo Event 3 is a new area for this series. What is the site like in Neosho MO, surface , size etc?
    talon95
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1924


    --
    30 Dec 2008 09:53 AM

    treinhar wrote:
    Neosho MO SPS/RS Racing Midiv Solo Event 3 is a new area for this series. What is the site like in Neosho MO, surface , size etc?

    Purely a guess, but at the moment this is the lot they appear to be using for '09 local events.

    http://www.omrscca.org/solo2_info.html

    and here,

    http://www.omrscca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=819

    Dave G.

    treinhar
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:304


    --
    30 Dec 2008 10:05 AM
    talon95 wrote:

    treinhar wrote:
    Neosho MO SPS/RS Racing Midiv Solo Event 3 is a new area for this series. What is the site like in Neosho MO, surface , size etc?

    Purely a guess, but at the moment this is the lot they appear to be using for '09 local events.

    http://www.omrscca.org/solo2_info.html

    and here,

    http://www.omrscca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=819

    Dave G.

    Dave, That is not even close to Neosho, MO and even a farther drive from Iowa.[:O] I hate to say this but the loss of Topeka, Arrowhead and ST Louis divisional events has really spread out the Midiv Series to the point hurting it. I hope I am wrong.

    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2740


    --
    30 Dec 2008 10:34 AM

    My understanding is that Neosho is Crowder COllege. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&...mp;iwloc=A

    It would be pretty squeezed to put a divisional at Price Cutter unless they have expanded it from when I was there a few years ago.

    The loss of Arrowhead sucks big time. There is no loss of HPT, AFAIK an event could still be held there, but why would KS region risk it when they had trouble drawing entrants when it was the nationals site? St. Louis decided to not have an event becuase the only available 2 day date for them is Memorial Day, which is the week before the Blytheville Super Tour and Pro Solo. Cramming three weekends of travel in a row is not good, especially for the divisional, IMO.

    DaveW

    JimR
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:159


    --
    30 Dec 2008 11:34 AM

    The July MiDiv hosted by Ozark Region will be held on the site of a driving school and trucking academy at Crowder College in Neosho, Missouri.

    If it sounds new to you, it is for us, too. We're excited about it. It's a 500'x1000' asphalt pad close to civilization, yet isolated from its immediate neighbors in terms of noise and access/safety. Minimal obstructions, and the surface seems to be in good condition. Prime autocross real estate for regional and divisional events.

    The Joplin/Neosho area is very centally located, an easy haul for most MiDiv competitors. It's about 15 minutes south of I-44 on US71, and will be 99% four-lane highways from places like Kansas City, St. Louis, Tulsa, Little Rock, etc. Geographically, we're the bullseye on a map of MiDiv, and hope to put on a fun event for drivers from all over the division.

    The Southern half of the division has a significant number of regions and competitors, as well. The MiDiv schedule runs the map, and spreads driving for everyone. Factor in the seat time overlap with National-level events at Lincoln and Blytheville (bonus), and the MiDiv calendar braved the loss of some of its sites fairly well.

    talon95
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1924


    --
    30 Dec 2008 11:47 AM
    treinhar wrote:

    Dave, That is not even close to Neosho, MO and even a farther drive from Iowa.[:O] I hate to say this but the loss of Topeka, Arrowhead and ST Louis divisional events has really spread out the Midiv Series to the point hurting it. I hope I am wrong.

    Well, I said it was a guess. [:P]

    Just depends on where you live.

    From my house,

    217 miles to Crowder
    90 miles to Salina
    280 miles to Lincoln
    572 miles to Blytheville (ok, that's a bit too far)

    Dave G.

    treinhar
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:304


    --
    30 Dec 2008 01:41 PM

    You live too close to everything but I have you on distance to Lincoln.[:P]

    From my house,

    402 miles to Crowder
    405 miles to Salina
    223 miles to Lincoln
    596 miles to Blytheville

    lotiman
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:72


    --
    30 Dec 2008 05:11 PM

    No matter what organization you belong to, if you live on the fringe areas of that club nothing is ever going to be close unless it is close by.

    I am not whining just stating fact. In todays economy people are making choices wether or not to go to the doctor for health care or what they want to participate in. There are just so many $$$ available. A lot of choices I make are based on $$$ and time. Most of this years Divisional events will cost me $500 to compete just for food and travel and does not including entry fees, race tires, and maintenance. Also, I will not be to attend the Midiv Championship event in Lincoln because it is scheduled after school starts, it almost a day travel there and another day back, and I cannot take off any more dock days that what I take for Nationals.

    From my house:

    198 miles to Blytheville

    440 miles to Salina

    303 miles to Neosho

    480 miles to Lincoln

    So watch out Blytheville

    Craig

    DM Lotus/Caterham 7

    Racin Time
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:63


    --
    30 Dec 2008 08:00 PM
    Does anyone know where the site is in Neosho Mo?
    snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2862


    --
    30 Dec 2008 08:21 PM
    47CP wrote:

    The loss of Arrowhead sucks big time. There is no loss of HPT, AFAIK an event could still be held there, but why would KS region risk it when they had trouble drawing entrants when it was the nationals site? St. Louis decided to not have an event becuase the only available 2 day date for them is Memorial Day, which is the week before the Blytheville Super Tour and Pro Solo. Cramming three weekends of travel in a row is not good, especially for the divisional, IMO.

    DaveW

    The loss of Arrowhead is a bumber in more ways than I care to deal with. However, HPT was looked into for a Divisional and they were OUT OF THEIR F^&%ING MINDS ---------------------------- AGAIN. It would be a GUARANTEED financial looser of significant dimensions NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOWED UP. Those assholes simply do not want to host a Solo event again. If in doubt, PM me and I may share references.

    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2740


    --
    30 Dec 2008 08:39 PM
    JimR wrote:

    The July MiDiv hosted by Ozark Region will be held on the site of a driving school and trucking academy at Crowder College in Neosho, Missouri.

    If it sounds new to you, it is for us, too. We're excited about it. It's a 500'x1000' asphalt pad close to civilization, yet isolated from its immediate neighbors in terms of noise and access/safety. Minimal obstructions, and the surface seems to be in good condition. Prime autocross real estate for regional and divisional events.

    The Joplin/Neosho area is very centally located, an easy haul for most MiDiv competitors. It's about 15 minutes south of I-44 on US71, and will be 99% four-lane highways from places like Kansas City, St. Louis, Tulsa, Little Rock, etc. Geographically, we're the bullseye on a map of MiDiv, and hope to put on a fun event for drivers from all over the division.

    The Southern half of the division has a significant number of regions and competitors, as well. The MiDiv schedule runs the map, and spreads driving for everyone. Factor in the seat time overlap with National-level events at Lincoln and Blytheville (bonus), and the MiDiv calendar braved the loss of some of its sites fairly well.

    Jim,

    Thanks for stepping up to host an event. I can't wait.

    You guys from the south part of the division need to start whining more to get attention. :):) Take a cue from a lot of the KC/KS folks...they apparently measure miles differently than the rest of us. That's the only explanation why having events year after year in Salina, on the furthest west edge of the division is fine, but anything south of I-70 and futher west than Columbia is the furthest end of the earth, barely accesible by humans.

    DaveW

    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2740


    --
    30 Dec 2008 08:42 PM
    snaponbob wrote:
    47CP wrote:

    The loss of Arrowhead sucks big time. There is no loss of HPT, AFAIK an event could still be held there, but why would KS region risk it when they had trouble drawing entrants when it was the nationals site? St. Louis decided to not have an event becuase the only available 2 day date for them is Memorial Day, which is the week before the Blytheville Super Tour and Pro Solo. Cramming three weekends of travel in a row is not good, especially for the divisional, IMO.

    DaveW

    The loss of Arrowhead is a bumber in more ways than I care to deal with. However, HPT was looked into for a Divisional and they were OUT OF THEIR F^&%ING MINDS ---------------------------- AGAIN. It would be a GUARANTEED financial looser of significant dimensions NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOWED UP. Those assholes simply do not want to host a Solo event again. If in doubt, PM me and I may share references.

    I don't doubt that. I wouldn't go to an event at HPT (to race)if my life depended on it no matter how much I want to support a series or event, so hot holding a divisional there is a good idea in my mind.

    DaveW

    Chris D
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    01 Jan 2009 01:36 AM

    47CP wrote:
    Take a cue from a lot of the KC/KS folks...they apparently measure miles differently than the rest of us.

    Must be that fine KU teachin'!

    /I keed, I keed [:D]

    Driving distance from St. Louis to every site and back
    2,758 mi – about 1 day 19 hours

    Walking distance
    2,798 mi – about 38 days 4 hours

    You are not authorized to post a reply.


    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

    Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

    SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

    Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank




    Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner