Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ZOK
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
17 Jan 2009 11:28 PM

In a strong showing by Pan Am members, Jose Gerardo went from his 3rd qualifying position to 2nd in FC during the caution marred 3rd race of the 1st day of the Phoenix International Double National event today. In race 4, Stan Czacki took the SSB lead from his second qualifying position on lap 6 and held it to the end. Stan also had the fastest SSB race lap and qualifying lap but was moved to 2nd qualifier after a stewards action for dropping wheels off course during his "flyer" lap(observed being done by many drivers in the session). More controversy at the start, with the awarded pole sitter's Honda crowding Stan on the pace lap, caused him to drop to 5th at the start, but he was able to run the Honda down with his #00 Camaro. In race 5, Mark Kowalski got a great start and actually led the race briefly from his 5th qualifying position ultimately logging a 3rd place in the very competitive SM class.

Hopefully I'll be able to log on tomorrow or Monday morning to report on Sunday's races......even though I'm racing out of the Cal Club region/SoPac Division this year, I've kept my Pan Am membership also. Probably good I did, as I'm not sure I'm being welcomed to Cal Club based on events above. If we can keep the Camaro together through tomorrow, we''ll continue heading west to race at California Speedway next weekend where 2008 SSB champ Lee Niffeneggar is entered in his Honda.....gonna need lots of practise as it's my 1st time on that track. 1st we'll watch Lee win the 2008 SSB Runoffs again on the Speed broadcast Mon. at 10am Changed from the originally scheduled Wed. broadcast.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner