Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fwsolo09

--
05 Feb 2009 11:47 PM

Notice I say tentative because of securing sites for these dates:

April 26th Solo #1 (no site yet)

May 9th Solo School (possible site, will update)

May 10th Solo #2 same as above

June 21st Solo #3 Coliseum confirmed, not finalized.

July 18th Three Rivers Event Solo #4 (date is flexable because of the JA Grand Prix, and aquiring desired site)

Aug 2nd Solo #5 Indy Challenge at Grissom (Indy host)

Aug 23rd Solo #6 Grissom (F. W. host)

Oct 18th Solo #7 working on Kruse

I would like to fit in one on Sept. 20 if a site is found. Was told there would probably be a lot of cars still at Kruse from their auction right before that date.

Until sites are confirmed I don't want to post where we're trying to get. Feel it's bad luck, counting chickens before they're hatched type thing.

I plan to have another meeting soon. However, the convention is the 3rd week of February and I'm getting on a big boat the 4th week of February. First weekend of March is the Spring Training so maybe the next weekend. I'll post it whenever it is. Lastly, I'm lacking in a lot of peoples contact information. So if anyone would like to just send me a "hi" to fwsolo09@aol.com that way I know who and where to send stuff to.

Thanks,

Rainer

OneEyeMedia

--
    06 Feb 2009 12:09 AM

Thanks for the update!

I will copy/paste this into the DRIFT for March and maybe throw it on the website if you want? Just let me know when you have a change and I can make it read to your update.

From what I last knew the meeting on the 11th was a BOD meeting and the members meeting was going to be on the 3rd Wed of March. Well, this was what was explained to me for the Feb DRIFT - maybe something had changed since then?

Thanks again Rainer and nice to see some of the planning under way.

To bad we do not have sites in our grasp to make your job easier and the event masters. I just cannot believe the trouble we have each year with getting a good site with lots of space. Verizon is cool for a small course; but a PITA to route a course with out having repaving it each event and if the lot could cross over in a better place to have 3 cars on course to keep flow moving more.

Who knows...

Tell you what, I will do something in the next drift, it will be funny :P

Take care Rainer!

Jason

Andy Ucter

--
    06 Feb 2009 08:32 AM
    fwsolo09 wrote:

yaaaay!!!!

IMHO.. this should be a 2-day Divisional Event.. Pull some strings.. ;)

otherwise, it falls on the same date as the DC pro... so you may lose some travelers to that.

fwsolo09 wrote:
    Aug 2nd Solo #5 Indy Challenge at Grissom

awesome!! but how about a South-Bend Challenge.. like April 19th at the tire-rack...

fwsolo09 wrote:
    Aug 23rd Solo #6 (site in progress)

yaaaaay!!!!!!!

OneEyeMedia

--
    06 Feb 2009 08:47 AM
    Andy Ucter wrote:
    fwsolo09 wrote:

yaaaay!!!!

IMHO.. this should be a 2-day Divisional Event.. Pull some strings.. ;)

otherwise, it falls on the same date as the DC pro... so you may lose some travelers to that.

Andy Ucter wrote:

yaaaaay!!!!!!!

What aboot (haha) a night auto cross on a Saturday and then a day autocross on Sunday...Use same course layout for both days; but run what you did at night on Saturday and then backwards during the day on Sunday? Could be interesting...

SpeedTeacher

--
    06 Feb 2009 06:29 PM

" I would like to fit in one on Sept. 20 if a site is found. Was told there would probably be a lot of cars still at Kruse from their auction right before that date. "

I would suggest pushing that back a couple weeks if considering Kruse. There will be hassles with cars left over from the auction. That is why we usually have a couple October events, but not one in September. FYI, the contact for Kruse we used last year no longer works for Kruse.

Todd J.

VerizonGuy

--
    07 Feb 2009 07:50 PM
    With regards to the Verizon location, let me know if you need help locking them in. Also thanks for putting out the dates for us!
    wrheadle

--
    08 Feb 2009 10:53 AM

JPMRacing26 wrote:
    What aboot (haha) a night auto cross on a Saturday and then a day autocross on Sunday...Could be interesting...

Interesting would be an understatement for those of us whose headlights are stickers...[:O]

OneEyeMedia

--
    08 Feb 2009 11:14 AM

Well, then I guess you would have to bring a spot light.....

LMAO!!!

Mazda3

--
    10 Feb 2009 09:43 PM

When you selected the May 9th - 10th weekend, did you realize that is Mother's Day on Sunday? This may affect turnout to the event, at least on Sunday. My 2 cents!

FYI, I will be in Florida on Vacation that weekend, so I will not be able to help out.

Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Feb 2009 09:22 PM
    Good point Tom. Rainer... how about looking at May 16/17th? Indy will be in Terre Haute so I doubt FW folks would go that far. Otherwise you may get the new person going to the school on Saturday (the day before M-Day) and like it and want to come back on Sunday (M-Day) but get into trouble from the "boss".
    OneEyeMedia

--
    12 Feb 2009 09:38 PM

Who's the Boss... *whip whip smack* I am the BOSS she said!

This was talked about in last nights BoD meeting. Most would probably agree with the Indy date being at Terre Haute not conflicting with us on that same weekend and if you set the school up right, you might get a few NWOR guys to come out depending on surface. They have an event that Sunday in Toledo. The 16/17th looks like a really good date against all other regions around us.

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Feb 2009 12:40 PM
    wrheadle wrote:

JPMRacing26 wrote:
    What aboot (haha) a night auto cross on a Saturday and then a day autocross on Sunday...Could be interesting...

Interesting would be an understatement for those of us whose headlights are stickers...[:O]

Not a problem Mr. Headle. Just pretend your name is Jason Massey and be a co-driving whore.

KCSSLE

--
    06 Apr 2009 07:25 PM

Thanks for the tentative schedule. If you have any updates, please post. If it is possible to change the following dates, you may have larger turnouts.

May 9th Solo School (possible site, will update) - Day before Mother's Day

May 10th Solo #2 same as above - Mother's Day

June 21st Solo #3 Coliseum confirmed, not finalized. - Father's Day

As SCCA is such a family oriented organization, perhaps different dates would be better if possible. Many people have commitments and travel for those Holidays. Just my $0.02 worth.

Thank you.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner