Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Feb 2009 09:45 AM

I found this on the Indianapolis SCCA website. Has anyone in the Fort Wayne region ever wanted to be a Safety Steward or learn how to do Timing & Scoring, Registration, or Tech. Here is your opportunity. The Great Lakes division of the SCCA will be holding a "Spring Training" in Toledo on March 7th. Please see the link below for more information. Since Solo is the primary form of racing that Fort Wayne is supporting this year we need to ask some of our members to commit to learning some of the specialized disciplines required to run a Solo event. I don't know exactly how many licensed Safety Stewards we have but I know it is not a lot and a region can never have too many. After all we can not run a solo event at all if there are no safety stewards at the event. I definately would like to see at least a couple more people in the Fort Wayne region taking the time to get a SSS license especially with the news I just got Thursday. On April 3rd of this year due to the economic situation Honda will be eliminating my position and I may be unemployed. If this happens I will not be able to make to many events this year until I become employed again, which is not easy to do in this economy. Therefore I might not be there to support in the Safety Steward capacity this year.

http://www.indyscca.org/newsItems/2...INING1.pdf

P.S. I am looking for new work. If anyone knows of a 3D part / product design engineer or an injection molding process / project / tooling engineer position open please let me know about it.

OneEyeMedia

--
    07 Feb 2009 10:32 AM

Thanks Bart!

You can also find this flyer in the FEB DRIFT if you loose this link...

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Feb 2009 12:03 PM
    bmonnin1 wrote:

P.S. I am looking for new work. If anyone knows of a 3D part / product design engineer or an injection molding process / project / tooling engineer position open please let me know about it.

Bump

fwsolo09

--
    08 Feb 2009 11:44 PM

I am going to try to attend. I hope a lot of people take this opportunity to learn more about the club. I encourage everyone to call, e-mail, or message those that you know about this. Perhaps get a group together, maybe carpool.

Hope to see you there,

Rainer

KBroeker

--
    09 Feb 2009 09:25 AM
    +1 about the Solo Safety Stewards. I will try to help out as a SSS this year, but I have no idea when and if I can. If Marcus Merideth is doing the training, he does a good job (I was in the class he taught at our Solo School two years ago).
    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Feb 2009 07:26 PM

KBroeker wrote:
    +1 about the Solo Safety Stewards. I will try to help out as a SSS this year, but I have no idea when and if I can. If Marcus Merideth is doing the training, he does a good job (I was in the class he taught at our Solo School two years ago).

So does Raleigh Boreen. He is the guy that trained me when I got my SSS last year at the GASS series event in Columbus, OH.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner