35 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Andy Ucter

--
12 Feb 2009 03:17 PM

There is an FWR/Indy Region Challenge on the slate for August... @ Grissom,..

AND.. a hand ful of us.. would LIKE to use the Pro-Solo format....

but it isn't set in stone.. that it would happen that way.. so GEOFF... EXIT NOW!!!

if

you need help with that
Andy Ucter

--

but it isn't set in stone.. that it would happen that way.. so GEOFF... EXIT NOW!!!

if

you need help with that let
Andy Ucter

--

if

you need help with that let m
Andy Ucter

--

if

you need help with that let me
OneEyeMedia

--
12 Feb 2009 03:24 PM
You need help!!!
OneEyeMedia

--
12 Feb 2009 03:25 PM

Big time HELP...

LMAO!!!

george34

--
12 Feb 2009 07:36 PM

How much does it cost to run one of these evnets? I will do the Toledo one and maybe take a little trip for another one.

sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Feb 2009 09:36 AM
george34 wrote:

How much does it cost to run one of these evnets? I will do the Toledo one and maybe take a little trip for another one.

Removed! My bad!
george34

--
13 Feb 2009 02:47 PM

I'm a little ConEfused..... The GLSS and the Pro solo is the same thing? For some reason I thought they were different. I think I will hold off on the Pro solo for another year. The NWOR schedule says the GLD event is in June and the Pro solo is July. Now I'm really lost. Please clear things up for me.

EDIT: Travis- you posted the Pro solo registration not sure if that's what you meant to post or not (ie. I'm confused) haha

bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Feb 2009 04:48 PM
george34 wrote:

I'm a little ConEfused..... The GLSS and the Pro solo is the same thing? For some reason I thought they were different. I think I will hold off on the Pro solo for another year. The NWOR schedule says the GLD event is in June and the Pro solo is July. Now I'm really lost. Please clear things up for me.

EDIT: Travis- you posted the Pro solo registration not sure if that's what you meant to post or not (ie. I'm confused) haha

The GLSS is a divisional series that holds a championship compatition for the Great Lakes division. It's format is a standard style autocross, each car runs the exact same course one at a time trying to get the best time. The Pro Solo is a national competition and runs a different format. Two cars on the course at a time on generally identical but mirrored courses (although I understand there are other varients on how to set up the course so both cars run the same course at same time simular to an "Aussie Pursuit") with a Drag Strip type christmas tree controlling the launch of the cars. Basically it is a drag race on an autocross course. If you want to race against the best you want to go to either the Pro Solo or the national event at Grissom. The GLSS events will still have some very talented competitors, the best in the Great Lakes division, but the Pro Solo and the National at Grissom will bring in the best from all across the country.

I think registration is not open yet for the GLSS but it is (and it sounds like it is already full) for the Pro Solo.

sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Feb 2009 06:05 PM

MY BAD....SORRY! I was thinking George34 wanted to do the Toledo Pro-Solo...which IS full and has nothing to do with the GLSS.

Sometimes I try to read TOO fast....kinda like my driving....haha. Sorry for the confusion. The Pro-solo format talk got me thinking Pro-solo.

I'm not sure how much it will be to run Divisional events, but they usually run around $40-60. Well worth the money and has great competition.

Bart...you are correct...registration is not yet open for any GLSS event.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
13 Feb 2009 06:31 PM
sts38 wrote:

MY BAD....SORRY! I was thinking George34 wanted to do the Toledo Pro-Solo...which IS full and has nothing to do with the GLSS.

Sometimes I try to read TOO fast....kinda like my driving....haha. Sorry for the confusion. The Pro-solo format talk got me thinking Pro-solo.

I'm not sure how much it will be to run Divisional events, but they usually run around $40-60. Well worth the money and has great competition.

Great competition: See 2008 Divisional Championship ST(S) Results. [;)]

THAT was fun.

sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Feb 2009 06:41 PM
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
sts38 wrote:

Great competition: See 2008 Divisional Championship ST(S) Results. [;)]

THAT was fun.

Indeed..I love the nail biting finishes...if I could have only kept the gap a little closer on day 1 (Will, you DOG!)....looking forward to some close battles this year too.

george34

--
13 Feb 2009 09:14 PM
sts38 wrote:

It's cool Travis. I thought the GLSS and Pro solo were totally different but by posting that link I got confused. haha

I'm going to register(waiting list) for XPL. I think I will be able to take down that One Wheeled Wonder. hehe okay maybe I can't.

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
14 Feb 2009 06:46 PM
Andy Ucter wrote:

if

you need help with that

Chuck, the problem with the format is not the course or the brackets or anything like that. The problem is the Christmas Tree and encorporating that into the timing and scoring system(s). If you can figure out a way to build and program that system and make it work reliably between now and the event, I'll try to make the rest happen.

BTW, we would need someone to build a Christmas Tree too.

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Feb 2009 06:59 PM

We've done an event in the past with the prosolo type similar courses with the drag start, but without the christmas tree. Basically, it was two normal autox courses side by side so your timed run started when you trip the lights like normal. The starter basically did a "Pinks" style command to start instead of the xmas tree. Still it was one of best events!

One side could by Indy's timer and the other side be FW timer :)

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner