Gauging Interest - manufacturing of wiring harness or cable assembly
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
OneEyeMedia

--
26 Feb 2009 12:51 AM

I wanted to gauge the interest on wire harness or cable assembly kits for car building projects.

I work for a company that specializes in manufacturing light to heavy duty wire harnesses and cable assemblies for the military. We also have assemblies in the automotive industry as well. We do not have a kit program setup, but could. I am looking through the net for ideas and thought I would check here to see if there was even an interest out there.

I have seen some of these kits run from $200 up to even $400 or more depending on what the need is.

I was thinking of something universal for the car guy that was building a car from start or a re-wiring project.

So, let me know what your thoughts are as I keep on with my research.

BTW: We can do things even like T&S cables as well. I know simple stuff, but we can do this type of thing.

Thanks for your time,

Jason Massey

jmassey@stuartmfg.com

Bigblockbandit

--
    26 Feb 2009 10:41 AM

Harnesses to put newer motors in older cars and kits like my cobra are very popular. wire diets where you strip out the unnecessary wiring are also common. If you go to the cobra website, ffcobra.com there are tons of threads on different suppliers and types of diets from painless, i-squared, ron francis and more. Cost effective plug and play harnesses for populat motors and swaps are in demand.

Good luck.

Sean

Mazda3

--
    26 Feb 2009 03:20 PM
    I would have interest for the Stang. Most of my wiring is now ripped out due to the cage that Scott Lewis installed. I still plan on running my headlights and tail lights incase I want to do a track day. What would I need to do for you to get a quote?
    OneEyeMedia

--
    26 Feb 2009 05:40 PM

I was talking with my boss today about this a little. I guess we had an engineer that worked up some stuff and Stuart actually made drawings of the kits they were going to make. I am going tolook further into this and see what we have. The guy use to build Hot Rods and was part of the FOrt Wayne Hot Rod club. So I guess, I am in the touch and feel mood right now to see what we had put together. These were done like 5 years ago, so I will be digging in the archives :P

I was looking online a little today and have never rewired a car and never built a kit car. So I was trying to figure out the type of wiring needs most would want. I am hoping and think most of this is already figured out in the drawings that have been worked up.

I looked up through google and found kits liked mentioned above, http://www.wiring-harness-ron-francis.com/ , I know we can build this type of thing, just need to see where we stand on price.

mavisky

--
    02 Mar 2009 09:40 AM
    Jason, right now Painless is probably by far and away the largest and most well recognized universal wiring system out there. May want to look into their catalog to see what you guys are up against right now.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner