Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 23 Apr 2009 09:33 AM by  OneEyeMedia
Krusin' into Spring - First Event at Kruse
 40 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member
Posts:200


--
16 Mar 2009 11:14 PM

    Below is the flyer for the first event of Fort Wayne Solo's season.

    Krusin' into Spring flyer

    I decided to try my hand at being an event master again. Will provide more information on the forum as I get it put together. You should be able to register for this event tomorrow night on myautoevents.com.

    By the way, Jason thanks for the great looking flyer.

    Online registration has been set-up although for some reason it doesn't show up when you sort it to show Fort Wayne SCCA region events. Don't know what is going on there, maybe it is just the computer I am working on.

    Link to online registration: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=10118

    OneEyeMedia
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    19 Mar 2009 05:27 PM

    Bart, thanks for the comment!

    You might want to email Steve K this and have it uploaded to the website.

    The website is Fort Wayne's first pit stop and then the forums, not sure if Steve has asked for it yet. If you want, I can email it to Steve.

    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:200


    --
    19 Mar 2009 06:47 PM
    JPMRacing26 wrote:

    Bart, thanks for the comment!

    You might want to email Steve K this and have it uploaded to the website.

    The website is Fort Wayne's first pit stop and then the forums, not sure if Steve has asked for it yet. If you want, I can email it to Steve.

    Already though of that and sent it to him earlier today. Should be on the website within the next couple of days.

    FTW_FRC
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    19 Mar 2009 08:21 PM

    I am sooo ready for the season to start.

    Thanks so much for taking on the first race of the season.

    Volunteering for the grid work. Doctors say that running for cones is still out of the question. :(((

    [Beer]

    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:200


    --
    20 Mar 2009 11:16 AM
    FTW_FRC wrote:

    I am sooo ready for the season to start.

    Thanks so much for taking on the first race of the season.

    Volunteering for the grid work. Doctors say that running for cones is still out of the question. :(((

    [Beer]

    Would you be interested in trying to be one of the grid chiefs for this event?

    FTW_FRC
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    20 Mar 2009 08:45 PM
    Absolutely! Did it a few times last year. Can do it again this year. [Y] [Beer]
    KCSSLE
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    01 Apr 2009 09:59 AM

    Hello Bart,

    Thank you being event master. I would like to make a suggestion to potentially enhance the experience for the racers.

    Would it be possible to rent a large leaf blower to blow off the parking lot? This is an extremely dirty parking lot and the cars take a beating with all the gravel on the parking lot. The volunteers do as good as job as possible, but the cars still get pelted with stones / gravel. Perhaps if we ask anybody that has a leaf blower especailly the big one's with wheels, several people could bring them. Will the course be setup on Saturday? If so perhaps a "cleaning party" can get together early Sunday or late Saturday to blow off the course. Please don't take this as a negative, I am just sharing some thoughts and suggestions. I am more than willing to run a leaf blower and can borrow a small handheld blower from a friend. I think many leaf blowers and larger leaf blowers would do a better job. Another option is to invite everyone that can bring a large broom to sweep the course as well.

    Thanks again for arranging everything, and I hope this comes across as a good idea vs. complaining.

    Take Care,

    Kevin

    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:200


    --
    01 Apr 2009 04:42 PM
    KCSSLE wrote:

    Hello Bart,

    Thank you being event master. I would like to make a suggestion to potentially enhance the experience for the racers.

    Would it be possible to rent a large leaf blower to blow off the parking lot? This is an extremely dirty parking lot and the cars take a beating with all the gravel on the parking lot. The volunteers do as good as job as possible, but the cars still get pelted with stones / gravel. Perhaps if we ask anybody that has a leaf blower especailly the big one's with wheels, several people could bring them. Will the course be setup on Saturday? If so perhaps a "cleaning party" can get together early Sunday or late Saturday to blow off the course. Please don't take this as a negative, I am just sharing some thoughts and suggestions. I am more than willing to run a leaf blower and can borrow a small handheld blower from a friend. I think many leaf blowers and larger leaf blowers would do a better job. Another option is to invite everyone that can bring a large broom to sweep the course as well.

    Thanks again for arranging everything, and I hope this comes across as a good idea vs. complaining.

    Take Care,

    Kevin

    I've raced there before and know exactly what you are talking about. What would really be nice is if we could find someone with a big brush on front of a tractor or convince a street cleaner to come up and sweep the lot on Saturday before we set up the course. Won't be perfect but a heck of a lot better then it normally is. I believe Kruse actually owns a brush for the front of their tractor but don't know if they can be convinced to sweep the lot the day before. I will try to get with Steve Kammeyer this weekend and see what options we can come up with to try to clean the lot up better.

    KCSSLE
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    05 Apr 2009 09:26 PM

    Hello Bart,

    Your suggestions sounds great, hopefully Kruse will be able to clean up the lot for us. If that does not work out let me know if you would like to proceed with the "cleanup crew" approach and I will be sure and try to get the few FW SCCA members that I know to participate with blowers or brooms.

    Take Care,

    Kevin

    chriskrumnow
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    06 Apr 2009 12:49 AM

    Are we heaeded to BW3's after the event? I always liked the socializing after the event!!

    put the engine in the talon today. only the exhaust system, fluids, battery, and air intake to go. almost done!

    Bigblockbandit
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    07 Apr 2009 10:01 AM

    If I remember correctly, we used a blower or two last fall and all the brooms in the van to move the grit out of of the line the weekend Bart did the pursuit/event combo. I dont know if it will get much better than that without sealer...

    I dug out the old T/A and got it ready for spring, if the kids baseball schedule permits i will try and make this one.

    Sean

    Civic94Cx
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    08 Apr 2009 12:25 PM

    I have recruited 2 people for this event. A Mustang GT and a Golf Rabbit.

    wrheadle
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    08 Apr 2009 04:53 PM
    Civic94Cx wrote:

    I have recruited 2 people for this event. A Mustang GT and a Golf Rabbit.

    Fabulous!
    FTW_FRC
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    09 Apr 2009 08:38 AM

    Pretty sure I got a couple of Vette owners to come on out and play. [Y] [Beer]

    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:200


    --
    09 Apr 2009 09:03 AM
    FTW_FRC wrote:

    Pretty sure I got a couple of Vette owners to come on out and play. [Y] [Beer]

    Excellent, let's see if we can get more over to our first event. Course design is done, probably around a 40 second course but it should be fun which is more important.

    KBroeker
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    09 Apr 2009 09:24 AM
    If you care to share your course design for input, send it to me via email. I suspect I will be supporting an open house that day, so cannot be there. But I still want to contribute as needed/desired. By the way, are you sure which portion of the property he have use of?
    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:200


    --
    11 Apr 2009 09:14 AM
    chriskrumnow wrote:

    Are we heaeded to BW3's after the event? I always liked the socializing after the event!!

    put the engine in the talon today. only the exhaust system, fluids, battery, and air intake to go. almost done!

    If you read Tom Miller's guide for putting together one of these events one of the things you are suppose to do is get together after the event to discuss what we did right and what we need to improve on. Don't see any reason why it can't be at BW3's so after the event I would like to invite everyone to come to the BW3's in Auburn to socialize a little and discuss what they liked and didn't like about the event (no complaints about how dirty the lot was please, kind of beyond my control).

    SpeedTeacher
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    11 Apr 2009 11:35 AM

    FYI, I will be filtering this event to everyone in my RPM Motorsports Network. So, it should be about 200 invites. I will try and stay on top of it so the event isn't too overwhelmed.

    Todd J.

    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:200


    --
    12 Apr 2009 09:20 AM
    SpeedTeacher wrote:

    FYI, I will be filtering this event to everyone in my RPM Motorsports Network. So, it should be about 200 invites. I will try and stay on top of it so the event isn't too overwhelmed.

    Todd J.

    We have plenty of parking space, I think, so I would rather deal with a lot of people there instead of very little.

    dtruck260
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    12 Apr 2009 08:56 PM

    I am new to this whole thing, this will be the first event I plan on attending. (New scca member and all)

    If there is anything I can do, cleanup, prep or otherwise please let me know, I would be happy to help!


    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>


    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

    Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

    SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

    Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank



    Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner