You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
27 Nov 2010 06:31 PM

This thread is for reporting any issues you find with the new website site.

*THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION* If you want to discuss, praise, or bitch about the new website please visit this other thread.

REPORTING ISSUES

To report an issue please provide us with the following information if available.

1. The URL of the page that has a problem
    2. The URL of the page that you were on before the problem
    3. A description of the problem
    4. A screenshot if possible (attachments should be enabled here with a 2mb limit)
    5. Any other pertinent info (your operating system, web browser, etc)

The more information you can provide us the easier it will be for us to track down and address the issue.

Current Known Issues:

• Smileys don't work
    • No PM's
    • Post Attachments missing
    • Parent forums aren't working in the regions section
    • BB Code from old posts not working (IMG and QUOTE tags)
    • Quotes need better CSS to show highlighting in the Editor
    • CSS for Bullet points is hiding them

Fixed Issues:

• CSS for Bullet points is hiding them
    • Dropdown lists on pages are too wide
    • When Quoting a post it is now easier to see where the original post is in the Editor
    • Parent forums aren't working in the regions section
    • Height of Forum Header Rows minimized
    • Overall text size increased, especially the QUOTE text size.
    • Latest Posts page had a bad DIV causing wrapping and layout issues
    • Default number of posts and threads per page increased to 15 (customizable in your "My Settings" in the Forums)
    • Quick Reply formatting now sticks
    • The old IMG and QUOTE tags are all replaced with proper HTML
    • IMG and URL BBCode now supported when creating a new, or editing a post.
    • Post Attachments were transferred over.

loosecannon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Nov 2010 09:15 PM
    I have a build thread with 24000 views and now all the pictures aren't showing up. Here it is http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/fo...readpage/1
    MNbiker
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Nov 2010 01:24 AM

I assume this is a known issue or limitation with the migraiton, but all the user profile & signature information is gone.

[EDIT] when looking at this post, I noticed a formatting issue - I typed my signature in as three lines, but the site took out the carriage returns and squished everything onto one line. [/EDIT]

-Steve

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Nov 2010 08:54 AM
    Blogs are gone. Kinda ugly for those that linked thier main page to them. )
    itrbruce

--
    30 Nov 2010 08:40 PM

Search function does not seem to pay attention to which class categories you have selected.

And it seems to say the quoting issue(s) is fixed...but it doesn't look that way to me.

I am not posting all the stuff you requested because these do not seem to be rare occurances - they are everywhere/everytime I try.

... but FYI I am using firefox 3.0.19 (yeah, I know it is old) but I also tried looking at the quote problem on Windows Explorer 8.0.6001.18975 and I am stuck with Vista OS

PS. I did finally find a quote that worked correctly, so maybe it is just quotes from some time period, but here is a pretty recent one

http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/fo...sts#391909

that I got to by doing this search

http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/sc...y/splitter

TeamRX8
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 Dec 2010 01:44 AM
    None of the attachments appear to have migrated over from the old website i.e. every thread in the RESULTS forum area, etc. it's such a large general issue I didn't think the URL address request would apply
    paulgauzens

--
    03 Dec 2010 01:54 PM
    redirects from the old url structure in folks' bookmarks to the new url structure are still "iffy" - works sometimes and fails other times.

Here is a detailed example for the Touring Forum but it is same for any that had the old structure like: http://sccaforums.com/forums/33/ShowF...

Hope the error trace and stack trace help...enjoy ;-)

I would also suggest the port pool size handling redirects get increased since many folks are prolly not updating their bookmarks to the new structure. I am down to my last 3 devices with old bookmarks - got the iPhone, iPad and MacBook done but now have 2 Win desktops and a Win notebook to go

--PaulG

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode.
    To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in
    debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead.
    You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.
    Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.
    This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.]
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +4865866
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +169
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText) +48
    ASP.redirect_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +975
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4955
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Dec 2010 02:19 PM
    Perfect Paul, I can fix that! Thanks for the error
    Butt Dyno
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Dec 2010 01:13 AM
    Is there a 'help' page somewhere that shows all the available code?

I would have expected these img tags to work:
    http://www.sccaforums.com/forums/fo...cope/posts
    gary p
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    17 Dec 2010 02:02 PM

On my work computer with Windows XP with IE7: When I mouse over any of the tabs at the top of the page (Home, Forum, Programs, Advertising, Logout, user id) all the forum or news data disapears and the center section goes grey. All that is left is the header, the advertiser links on the periphery, the footer at the bottom, and the SCCAForums watermark framing. The "meat" of the content is gone.

FWIW, the choice of browser is not mine.

dasto
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Dec 2010 11:09 AM
    Slow site. Don't know about others, but this is one of the slowest loading sites that I access.
    I do appreciate the new capability to post from iphone. Thanks.
    Bejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Dec 2010 12:44 PM
    Same issue here with XP & IE7 - all content disappears when moving the mouse. Completely unusable and difficult to even post this.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Dec 2010 12:52 PM
    The new skin I'm working on will hopefully fix the IE slowness and IE7 disappearing issues.
    SmokingTires
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Dec 2010 09:47 PM
    Time stamp seems off. Can't see anywhere in the settings to change it. Says a post that was put up this morning at 10am was posted at 7pm yesterday. I'm in Central Time Zone
    snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Dec 2010 10:11 PM
    SmokingTires wrote:
    Time stamp seems off. Can't see anywhere in the settings to change it. Says a post that was put up this morning at 10am was posted at 7pm yesterday. I'm in Central Time Zone

Go to your profile, click EDIT, and scroll down to the bottom and that is where the time setting is for the user. Hope that works.

gary p
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Jan 2011 05:16 PM
    gary p wrote:

On my work computer with Windows XP with IE7: When I mouse over any of the tabs at the top of the page (Home, Forum, Programs, Advertising, Logout, user id) all the forum or news data disapears and the center section goes grey. All that is left is the header, the advertiser links on the periphery, the footer at the bottom, and the SCCAForums watermark framing. The "meat" of the content is gone.

Issue resolved with latest update.

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Jan 2011 07:03 PM
    gary p wrote:
    gary p wrote:

Issue resolved with latest update.

Good deal!

Mike.S
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Jul 2011 07:08 PM
    When trying to reply directly to, say a For Sale ad, all I see is a bunch of asterisks when clicking on a seller's username.

I'm logged in, of course. So, how would I contact someone else? Email, PM, all the reasonable info is replaced by asterisks.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner