Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 10 Jan 2011 09:39 PM by  snaponbob
New Site Discussion
 116 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 6 << < 23456 > >>
Author Messages
Gimp
Basic Member
Basic Member
Posts:201


--
02 Dec 2010 11:19 PM
Stupid question, but where is my old "Inbox"? I had a message in there I was holding on to.
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
02 Dec 2010 11:24 PM
Gimp wrote:
Stupid question, but where is my old "Inbox"? I had a message in there I was holding on to.

email me (chris @ sccaforums) and I'll hook you up with access to the old system, but only for a limited time.


C

Mugenlude
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:1174


--
03 Dec 2010 12:46 PM
The formatting of the page seems to take up more space than the last forum did, I'm not sure if it is just the colors or if it actually is bulkier. Either way, these are some areas that I think would help improve the bulk in the current layout...

The header in every post takes up a lot of space. If you could reduce the area around the "Quote" &amp; "Reply" buttons it might help... same thing with the "Report Post" button in the footer, also does that button need to be that large?

The buttons to move to the next/previous page of thread are very small, could you make them larger? Also it would be very helpful if they were mirrored at the top of the page. It sucks to have to scroll to the bottom of the page in order to move to the next page.

Just some suggestions, we appreciate the work everyone puts in to keep forums up and running!
JerryLamb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts:512


--
03 Dec 2010 02:17 PM
Can we see more of the last page numbers for a topic? I usually go straight to the active topic page and select the last page that I have looked at. Currently it shows something like "1, 2,...100". If I want to start at page 95, it is a little awkward.
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
03 Dec 2010 04:38 PM
JerryLamb wrote:
Can we see more of the last page numbers for a topic? I usually go straight to the active topic page and select the last page that I have looked at. Currently it shows something like "1, 2,...100". If I want to start at page 95, it is a little awkward.

I increased it, will see about changing the way it works too if I can.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
04 Dec 2010 11:27 PM
Mugenlude wrote:
The formatting of the page seems to take up more space than the last forum did, I'm not sure if it is just the colors or if it actually is bulkier. Either way, these are some areas that I think would help improve the bulk in the current layout...

The header in every post takes up a lot of space. If you could reduce the area around the "Quote" &amp; "Reply" buttons it might help... same thing with the "Report Post" button in the footer, also does that button need to be that large?

The buttons to move to the next/previous page of thread are very small, could you make them larger? Also it would be very helpful if they were mirrored at the top of the page. It sucks to have to scroll to the bottom of the page in order to move to the next page.

I've tightened up a lot of the forum posts themselves, hopefully will also be going to a full width layout in a few days as well. I'll see if I can't copy the paging links up to the top too.

CodeMonkey
New Member
New Member
Posts:


--
05 Dec 2010 04:23 AM

I'd love to see the "Go To Last Unread" button when in the Latest Posts forum. It's the one place on the site without it.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
05 Dec 2010 11:41 PM
CodeMonkey wrote:

I'd love to see the "Go To Last Unread" button when in the Latest Posts forum. It's the one place on the site without it.

I'll work on trying to make that happen

gary p
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:2730


--
08 Dec 2010 09:35 PM
Mugenlude wrote: Also it would be very helpful if they [page index buttons] were mirrored at the top of the page. It sucks to have to scroll to the bottom of the page in order to move to the next page.

That was my first observation. Would like to see the page buttons at the top too.

Also, please don't go too much wider. I'm already doing some horizontal scrolling when checking in on my 10" netbook.

JTIPPENS
New Member
New Member
Posts:


--
09 Dec 2010 03:39 AM

Are all of my prior private messages now gone? Or, as is likely, am I just to out of touch with this digital age to find them? See, here I am looking for cute little emoticons and look at all the format choices and stuff I have available--most of which my old brain can't even handle.

So, I repeat: Are all of my old private messages, etc. gone? (Insert goofy sounds of a man baffled here.)

Chiketkd
New Member
New Member
Posts:


--
09 Dec 2010 09:50 AM
Hey Chris,

Would it be possible to add a status bar or status icon that shows whether a user is currently online or offline?
jhue75
Basic Member
Basic Member
Posts:406


--
19 Dec 2010 02:23 PM
The new site runs great on google chrome build 8.0.552.224. I know it doesnt add much to the conversation.
Ron M
New Member
New Member
Posts:76


--
19 Dec 2010 06:48 PM
How about a link connected to the "Latest Posts" header on the home page? That should save a couple seconds out of my day :)
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
19 Dec 2010 09:54 PM
Ron M wrote:
How about a link connected to the "Latest Posts" header on the home page? That should save a couple seconds out of my day :)

Done, though it's now linked on every page, not just the home page (it's in the NAV)

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
19 Dec 2010 09:54 PM
jhue75 wrote:
The new site runs great on google chrome build 8.0.552.224. I know it doesnt add much to the conversation.

That's definitely the odd part. Works exceptionally fast in Chrome, but IE blows :)

toy4speed
Basic Member
Basic Member
Posts:117


--
21 Dec 2010 12:18 AM
The body of the forum does not go the edges of my screen. Makes it difficult to scan what the topics and last posts are in the main page. Any way to widen the field of view?
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
21 Dec 2010 02:13 AM
toy4speed wrote:
The body of the forum does not go the edges of my screen. Makes it difficult to scan what the topics and last posts are in the main page. Any way to widen the field of view?

It's coming later this week

Fair
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:1021


--
21 Dec 2010 06:49 PM
Two words: TRAIN WRECK

Wow, this "new" software version is a HUGE step backwards. I mean, yes, the old version was utterly terrible, and one of the last forums I read anymore than ISN'T on vBulletin (the industry standard - for a reason), and I had to reformat ALL of my multi-forum thread posts made to this forum. But now.... hell, I can't even get the editor to work the same way twice.

This is total rubbish. All existing users lost their signatures & avatars, profiles and settings - and now I've lost the ability to post a single picture. The editor is a mess. And an HTML editor? Seriously? This isn't 1996. The rich text editor is too gimmicky.

Bah. Not pleased. A pretty table background/wrapper does not make a forum function better.

edit: I've read many of the posts here and you know what everyone seems to be asking for? Features that are standard in vBulletin. I cannot fathom why this is one of the only car forums to use ... whatever this mess is.
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
22 Dec 2010 12:36 AM
BB Code now works for IMG and URL tags, working on adding a few more standard ones. What else do people want to see? Bold, Italic, Underline?

As for the Rich Text Editor being too 1996, perhaps the web I was on back then is different than the one you were on, but there sure as hell weren't any rich text editors back then. If you don't want to learn/use HTML then don't, plain text your way to the bank.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:3652


--
22 Dec 2010 01:31 AM
B U and I bbcode are now supported.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 6 << < 23456 > >>


SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank



Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner