179 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 9 << < 23456 > >>
Author Messages
rrobb

--
08 Aug 2011 10:04 AM
+1 on checking your trailer tires frequently. There used to be a thread on Apexspeed about crazy racing stories. About one in ten was actually something that happened on the race track, the rest were towing disasters.
Sho Torii
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Aug 2011 10:53 AM

Dick,

Thank you very much for the information. I have added the 17mm drain plug socket and FF head bolt socket along with Carroll Smith's book on my ever-growing shopping list. I just bought Jim Garry's 85 Citation. I went to see it yesterday and fell in love with it. What a great car, what a great guy! I will pick it up after Nationals. Can't wait!

pru
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Aug 2011 11:08 AM
Sho Torii wrote:

I just bought Jim Garry's 85 Citation. I went to see it yesterday and fell in love with it. What a great car, what a great guy! I will pick it up after Nationals. Can't wait!

Sho,

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the class!

Jim G
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Aug 2011 01:02 PM

Thanks very much for the kind words Sho. It was great to meet you and Keiko. Before you buy anything else for your new car please hold off until you pick up the car. You'll be getting lots of stuff. Smile

Jim

Dick Rasmussen
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Aug 2011 01:19 PM
Sho Torii wrote:

I went to see it yesterday and fell in love with it. Can't wait!

Sho,

Your reaction to a yellow formula ford is exactly the same as when my wife and I first saw our yellow ff in the seller's driveway in Atlanta . . . 20 years ago. The car was "sold" in our minds immediately. Fortunately yours is actually "ready to race". Ours needed a ground up . . . but we didn't know that at the time. Still glad we bought it!!!!

You are welcome on the hints, etc. Isn't that what "veteran racers" are "good for" ?

Dick

Clemens
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Aug 2011 03:15 PM
Jim G wrote:

Thanks very much for the kind words Sho. It was great to meet you and Keiko. Before you buy anything else for your new car please hold off until you pick up the car. You'll be getting lots of stuff. Smile

Jim

Jim,

Are you moving up to BM? Smile

Clemens

Jim G
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Aug 2011 09:36 PM
Clemens wrote: Jim,

Clemens

Well if I was, I wouldn't say I was moving "up", unless you mean that purely from an alphabetic perspective. I'd say I was moving to a new class. :-)

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
09 Aug 2011 02:20 PM
Sho, congrads on the purchase. Yes, that car is gorgeous. You're going to have a ball with it. I look forward to seeing you in grid.
Sho Torii
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Aug 2011 02:55 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. I'm really excited about moving to CM. To be honest, Jim's car is at much higher level than my current skill level and the price was more than I wanted to spend. However, I figured that it was a once-in-lifetime opportunity to own a car with a pedigree like that and decided to go for it. Of course, by talking to Jim, I could feel his pure love and passion for the car and it made me absolutely confident that it was a good purchase. Now, I will have to work real hard on my driving skills to not embarrasse the car and its legacy.

Geoff,

Knowing your recent move from STS Miata to CM, I wanted to talk to you when I was at Toledo last month. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the time to do so between running in open CSP and taking care of my wife when she ran in CSPL. Since you're steps ahead of me, I know I can learn a great deal from your experience. I know I will be asking you a lot of questions. Hope you won't mind.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Aug 2011 03:24 PM
Clemens wrote:

Jim,

Clemens

Clemens, When are you moving "down" to CM?

Sho, Welcome!

Jim, Sorry to see you go! I'll enjoy competing against you in Lincoln.

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
09 Aug 2011 06:43 PM
Sho Torii wrote:

Geoff,

Knowing your recent move from STS Miata to CM, I wanted to talk to you when I was at Toledo last month. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the time to do so between running in open CSP and taking care of my wife when she ran in CSPL. Since you're steps ahead of me, I know I can learn a great deal from your experience. I know I will be asking you a lot of questions. Hope you won't mind.

Not at all. I look forward to it. My email is autox at comcast dot net. Nick (Locked) came from STU and I'm certain that he can offer assistance that I can't. I'm guessing he won't mind helping you along as well.

Clemens
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Aug 2011 07:39 PM
Locked wrote:
Clemens wrote:

Jim,

Clemens

Clemens, When are you moving "down" to CM?

Nick, I don't like moving down. Besides, have you seen the growth in BM? Over 50% increase in entries at Nationals this year. Who knows what's coming next year. I can't leave that class! Besides besides, I don't want to give up what I am driving. People have called me crazy before, but I am not that crazy.

Clemens

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Aug 2011 09:06 PM
Run BM nationally where you have cars to run against... Run CM locally, where you'd have cars to compete against. And with very few tweaks you already have a FF in your garage.

I, as well would not stop driving the LeGrand either.

Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
17 Aug 2011 11:59 AM

My Van Diemen is finally on a truck headed this way(West). Should be here by Fri. Ya! I ordered new tires for the trailer and got it through DMV. I also ordered tires for the VD. I am shooting for a local event on Aug 28th for the debut.

Quite a list of participants in CM for nationals.

Mark

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
17 Aug 2011 02:01 PM
We'll expect post debut commentary. :)
Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
17 Aug 2011 11:07 PM
Locked wrote:
We'll expect post debut commentary. :)

For sure!

Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
24 Aug 2011 11:32 PM

The Van Diemen is in my driveway, ready to drive on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

You all have a great time at Nationals!

Mark

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Aug 2011 05:54 PM
Awesome. I'll be looking forward to your update.
Markwrx
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
29 Aug 2011 11:08 AM

Ok. I am sold. The Van Diemen worked great. On our most uneven lot the suspension soaked it all up and the power was excellent. My co driver got TTOD, 2 sec ahead of #2, me. I did have some minor problems. Internal battery either was not charged or does not hold a charge and I need a hand full of the screw twist body panel retainers(what are those called?), I even lost a body panel(fortunately at very low speed). I have a sore spot on my lower outer thigh and we were moving around too much in the cockpit. Here are a few pictures. http://markm.zenfolio.com/p547297803 2-3 weeks until the next SCCA event, lots of time to get things fixed. Many people were interested in the car and several asked about where to find them and how much.

Mark

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
29 Aug 2011 11:41 AM

On the pre-race checklist.. Charge on board battery.

Those are dzus fasteners..

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 9 << < 23456 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner