Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 07 Apr 2009 10:09 AM by  just helping
Not SCCA Affiliated but working towards it.
 20 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
AdrenalineNights

--
01 Apr 2009 02:28 PM

Hello

We would just like to make as many people as possible in the Central Florida region know that we exist. So if you are ever in the Orlando area you will know where local racing events and racing spots are located if you choose to attend. This particular subsidiary is managed by motor sports enthusiast. We are not trying to sell you anything you don’t want. In fact we are trying to do just the opposite and provide the motor sports community with what it does want, because of this we will be developing relationships on a continual basis through various means of communication. We want to hear from you so that as time goes on we can accommodate your racing desires.

A little bit more on us. Adrenaline Nights is a Loop Group Marketing LLC subsidiary that promotes and develops motoring events in Central Florida. Adrenaline Nights was created in unison with Orange County Government and the Orange County Sheriffs Department to reduce racing on public highways and provide street legal racing spots for car enthusiast. As a result we have an exclusive understanding with political leaders and track owners in the area as well as establishments that want to donate their property for a night of racing. Come check with us before you get on the street. We will keep you out of handcuffs

Adrenaline Nights- Your Style. Your Speed. Your Spot.

AdrenalineNights

--
    01 Apr 2009 03:19 PM
    AdrenalineNights

--
    02 Apr 2009 08:03 PM

Friend us on myspace and let us know what we can do for you, or you would like to see us do in the future to make things better.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalinenightsorlando

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Apr 2009 09:48 PM

So what type of racing ?

The autoxers here are partial to running around cones.

Please describe your venue or venues. What type of racing.

Autocrossers prob like giant versions of indoor kart tracks with some slalom cones thrown in for good measure.

Up Orlando way...there is a core group of Central Florida Autocrossers....lets say 75 or so folks, with another 25 to 50 or so maybe core people with the Martin Sports Car Club.....

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Apr 2009 09:50 PM
    Do you have a link to a aerial view of your site, or to some video of vechicles in action at your site ?
    AdrenalineNights

--
    02 Apr 2009 10:40 PM
    David Lehman wrote:

So what type of racing ?

The autoxers here are partial to running around cones.

Please describe your venue or venues. What type of racing.

Autocrossers prob like giant versions of indoor kart tracks with some slalom cones thrown in for good measure.

Up Orlando way...there is a core group of Central Florida Autocrossers....lets say 75 or so folks, with another 25 to 50 or so maybe core people with the Martin Sports Car Club.....

Its a full out road course that they would be running around on this particular night so cone poeple may or may not enjoy it, but if they give us their feed back we can definately do somthing just for them. Depending on what is wanted we will change things up to fit what poeple want most. We will be trying to accomidate as many people as possible as time goes on. This particular venue is more about getting people to know Adrenaline Nights and what we are all about. We will be walking through out the event talking to people to get there thoughts and feelings and let us know where we could make things better. We idealiy would like to make this long term thing with venues occuring multiple times a week, but it all depends on the turn out and feed back we recieve from our first few events. Future events will include but are not limited too point a to point b drag racing, drifting, and autoxing with and without cones (meaning the entire road course or just part of it).

Yes we do have an shot to show the place. Keep in mind that it is basically a 11 acre skid pad that was set up with road course lines which are not visible in the shot.

If there are any other questions feel free to ask.

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Apr 2009 10:51 PM

Thats gotta be fun if someone blows that straight and goes into the lake....not.

Honestly...a autocross on that site looks interesting. I think maybe some Orlando autocrossers might be able to help you out if a autocross event might be up your sleeve.

Advantages on a autocross on that lot.

1) Safe

2) Good competition.....the autox guys would loan and prob....run the timer for you.....you could get maybe up to 3 cars on the track at once.

4-5 hours you could get like 300 runs......everyone entered could get like 3 shots at it.

Maybe the experienced autox'ers could run a different class.

Lots of interesting possibilities. Great thing you're doing. Good Luck

PS...you might also want to post about this on autocrossforum.com in the Martin Sports Car Club section as that is an active autocross club.....that I am sure would love to work with you.

PPS....just all of us trying to have fun....in a safe way.

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Apr 2009 10:54 PM

Will there be timing equipment ?

Any classes to seperate competitiors ?

Is this open to anybody....?

How long is the longest straight ?

Can guys like me from the Fort Lauderdale area come up ?

Safety regulations ? Or is this a free for all ?

More than one vehicle on the track at a time ?

AdrenalineNights

--
    03 Apr 2009 10:08 AM
    David Lehman wrote:

Will there be timing equipment ?

Any classes to seperate competitiors ?

Is this open to anybody....?

How long is the longest straight ?

Can guys like me from the Fort Lauderdale area come up ?

Safety regulations ? Or is this a free for all ?

More than one vehicle on the track at a time ?

Currently timeing equipment is available through the track "pro shop". Because we have never held a meet this big before we currently have nothing to separate the competitors other then what we see visually. ie. weight reduction, suspension and tires, power adders. We will do our best to separate the feilds as evenly as possible but we can only do so much with our first really big event. As time goes on we will be able to better separate feilds of racers. Yes this is open to any body, make, model, and year. People from Ft. Lauderdale are more then welcome to attend and give us their input and experience the track for themselves. There are safety regulations we do not want to have people going home in peices or anything. The biggest ones are that they must have a helmet (owned or rented) and shoes (closed toed). We are hear to promote safe racing practices so safety is our main concern. There is going to be more then one vehicle on the track at a time so active passing is going be occuring. This goes hand in hand with the safety regs so that people know what each flag means before going out on the track we will give a breif meeting on it for so that everyone their will know. Keep in mind we have done smaller soft openings, but this is our first bigger opening before we actually through a huge bash for everyone so each time is a little bit of a learning experience which we try to improve on.

We will get information for you all on the length of the longest strait on the track and what the average speed we have see through there thus far. Thanks for the info we will be sure to post this information on those other forums as mentioned.

hugeevilrobot

--
    03 Apr 2009 11:50 AM
    Just to be clear- are you really running a timed, wheel to wheel event with no safety equipment required beyond helmets and close-toe shoes and a field ostensibly full of novices? Is the passing via point-by, on the straights only, or anywhere on the track? Are you at least going to have instructors in the car with these folks? Not trying to sound be a wet towel, and I'm not local, but from your description it sounds like there might be some real safety issues.
    David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Apr 2009 01:38 PM

Sounds great for a demolition derby.

Adreniline Nights.....do you have any organized motorsports experience ?

---------------------

I would have to concur with hugeevilrobot above. While I wish you luck to have a fun safe and stimulating event-----it does kinda sound like a free for all with varying levels of car prep.....

Read unsafe to really freakin dangerous.

Novices + Passing + Lot not designed for motorsports + put on by people with no experience.......

Actually sounds kinda exciting.

Good Luck and post some video here after the event.

AdrenalineNights

--
    03 Apr 2009 02:05 PM

We understand what you are getting at, but when we did some soft opennings similiar to this one and we had no problems. We have all the safety stuff that is needed for the track. And your comment about novices we feel is true but rather unfair. We say unfair because the mission of our company is to get novice, amatures or whatever else you want to call them off the street and actually into organized racing which we believe would be best for everyone. Also it seems unfair because at some point everyone was a novice. We believe that everyone can agree with those statements. There are not going to be large numbers of cars on the track at one time. The most we have discussed having would be between 4-6 depending on the people that we are feilding for any given session. We will also be having these people start their run from pit row and will be leaving the pits in 10 to 15 second incremints. As for passing its going to be by point-by and only on the straits. We feel that is will be the best way to avoid any real problems. The longest strait we have yet to measure but according to the info we have the average speed we see on it is about 62mph.

If you think it is going to turn into a demolition type of event then previous goers would not be still in there cars and looking to come back again.

Once again we thank you for your thoughts, worries, concerns and comments and look to hear more from you so that we can better our selves and events.

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Apr 2009 02:17 PM

A similar type of event in a similar venue...used to be run by my local autox club.

We called it speed trials.

Just like you lets say 4 to 6 cars at one time. These 4 to 6 cars got 10 minutes of practice time without stopping. Non-timed.

Then later groups of like "speed" cars did 5 laps---1 warm up....3 hot timed laps....and 1 cool down. We used the same timing equipment we would run for our autox club.

Note....that 10 minutes full out car be hard on a car...espically brakes, as they will be used often, and not given a great deal of time to cool.

Did you have to obtain insurance for the event, not the cars, but god forbid in case of injury to the participants ?

Also you say "RACING"......so there will be a winner and a loser ?

Or will it be more like a driver improvement event ?

What is your backround in motorsports ? (and the other folks putting this on ?)----------

Might be intersting to go actually......I just would be scared of the other participants (read: crashing into me)

David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Apr 2009 02:47 PM

Is Nitrous allowed ?

Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Apr 2009 04:45 PM
    David Lehman wrote:

Did you have to obtain insurance for the event, not the cars, but god forbid in case of injury to the participants ?

Or even more importantly, insurance in case of injury to non-participants. And then there is liability insurance to cover property damage to the facility. Who is providing the insurance?

Average speed is irrelevant. What is the top speed anticipated to be? What is the maximum speed in the turns?

What are your safety distances to solid objects? What is your runoff distance? What is the distance to spectators? What protection are you providing for the spectators? Does the insurance company know that there will be spectators?

What emergency services are you providing? Ambulance? EMTs? Other medical personnel? Fire protection? What is your emergency plan?

AdrenalineNights

--
    04 Apr 2009 08:31 PM

Okay we appreciate your concerns here, but you seem to be a person who would much rather deter people from coming to a racing event that would hopefully pull kids off the street from racing and bring them into some sort of organized and legal motorsports arena. We understand what your concerns are and appreciate them, however I say again the way you talk it sounds more like you are objecting to the idea of young people getting involved in motorsports. To put it in the simplest terms we have all the appropriate safety equipment and personnel there. We have all the appropriate types of insurance. And if you are also woundering this peice of property is the only one of its kind that is zoned street racing. If we did not have all of the appropriate safety measures and documents the Mayor, City Commisioners, Sheirf and Police Cheif would not be backing this venture.

1. The run off space changes depending on what part of the track your on.
    2. Insureance question was covered above and is also a trade secret for our company so that we can maintain exclusivity to this particular ventrue.
    3. Anticipated top speed less then 100, but then again this varies as well depending on the vehicle, modifications, gearing, tires and other factors, but then again we are sure you already knew this.
    4. There are two solid walls protecting spectators from any crash which may occur. Spectators can only watch the action from one stand so unless a car can manage to go through two concrete barriers and a tire wall we believe they will be good.
    5. As we stated before all emergency services will be provided.

Sorry that we come off irritated in this particular reply, but there is no better way to put it. Keep in mind we are trying to provide a safe alternative to the street racing epidemic which is occuring in our area of the country. However if you believe that kids are really that much safer on the streets then on our facility we will be sure to have someone from the research department of our parent company get you the appropriate contact information of the people that have lost loved ones to the street racing epidemic here in our city so that you can tell them our program is not worth its salt.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To the previous posters,

We are sorry for the way we sounded in the first part of this reply but there really is no better way of putting things reguarding our program. We hope this does not deter you from possibly attending our event as it will definately be fun for all who attend.

1. Nitrous will not be allowed. However, think about it when would you really be able to use it on a road course?
    2. We come from all different motorsport backgrounds. Some of us have backgrounds in formula racing, others in drag, a few in drifting, and couple where organizers/participants in the fireball run. As you can tell we come from all walks of life and really do have a passion for motorsports. We aren't doing this job for the money because the parent company was paying us much better, but we are a group that would much rather take a pay cut and have a good time while we work.
    3. I am sure there where some other questions that I am leaving out, but I just can't remember them all while I do this particular reply.
    David Lehman
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Apr 2009 09:01 PM

I wish you good luck in your racing endevours.

I was just questioning your plans, because I thought, myself, a 43 year old man---might want to come out. I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from coming to your event.

However you must understand that you have posted in an active autocross racing forum. The people that post here take their fun seriously.

A number of people here, not just me, saw I would think major flaws in your plan.

100mph---with the details given in your prior posts---no thank you. Hopefully no incidents will occur at your event, but you must realize that when taking the site, the people, and the cars you talk about in the setting you presented, and combining all these factors----well IMHO a dangerous mix.

PS....please use spell check in your future communications, as your plans, in addition to your spelling errors gives one pause.

PSS.....I wish you to have a safe and prosperous event, to be enjoyed by all participants and spectators.

PullG
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Apr 2009 11:35 PM

AdrenalineNights wrote:
    ...you seem to be a person who would much rather deter people from coming to a racing event that would hopefully pull kids off the street from racing and bring them into some sort of organized and legal motorsports arena...

"If you don't accept my word for it, you're against me," isn't a confidence-inspiring response. The people involved in this thread hold memberships in at least a half-dozen different sports car clubs in Central Florida, most with active novice programs designed to attract drivers of all ages to a safe, legal environment to enjoy their cars.

[quote]If we did not have all of the appropriate safety measures and documents the Mayor, City Commisioners, Sheirf and Police Cheif would not be backing this venture.

For now. Politicians are fickle. One major incident, and all those luminaries may drop you like a bad date; worse, potentially restrict future events at that site. That doesn't encourage the community to try the experiment again. It's not clear whether you're associated with the facility owners, or whether you're just renting it out, but a number of people in this forum backed the zoning changes required to get the facility you pictured into operation. Sites aren't easy to come by, so there's plenty of self-interest in wanting events to be as safe, community-friendly, and professional-looking as possible.

PullG
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Apr 2009 11:35 PM

Double-post.

Patrick Washburn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    05 Apr 2009 01:21 PM

Keep something in mind....I think a lot of people here would definately support an event like this, but they are also thinking about you and the organizers, not just the participants. We are all very protective of our little motorsports world as a whole, and what one club does can affect all of us. Your first post did kind of make it sound sort of "thrown together". You know...hey, a bunch of us are going out racing, wanna come? A thrown together thing without the proper planning, insurance, precautions, and some level of experience in motorsport competition in todays' litigous world could equal some pretty bad news for the organizers should something happen. I'm sure most agree that getting kids off the streets is a great thing, and I applaud those efforts, but even with the best of intentions an incident involving injury at your event will spelll big ass trouble for you and everyone will quickly forget the good intentions.

So, don't take these inquiries personal, and don't feel like people are attacking your idea. You have to allow for, and assume that inexperienced drivers are going to do some *really* stupid things. Maybe instead of making it sound casual, you should specifically list all the things being done in preperation instead of just generically saying "all the safety stuff is put in place". What you consider "all the safety stuff" may not be what everyone else feels is enough. This can be *very* serious stuff, and I think most people want to see you succeed and have it be a good, safe experience for everyone. Good luck!!

P.S - Your title implies you are working toward SCCA affiliation. That's great, but if you research what the SCCA might require for an event like this, you may find it an eye opening education.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner