Basic Member

--
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
01 Dec 2010 04:32 PM
Sucks, huh?
They 'added value' to the NTs by creating the (as far as I can tell meaningless) Northern States Championship. This puts Toledo and Peru on a rotation.
mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
01 Dec 2010 05:08 PM
Yeah, we'd be happy to host it every year but so does the Toledo Region so what SCCA has decided to do is alternate years between the 2 of us. While we put on a killer event (participants words, not mine) Toledo has a killer site that makes Grissom look like an old gravel church lot.

It'll be back in 2012. We're working on hosting the Great Lakes Solo Series Championship in 2011.
DigDloppyFonkeyBick
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
01 Dec 2010 05:59 PM
Well that sucks [insert my screen name] . Oh well. Hopefully we'll have plenty of events at Grissom for me to get my fill of concrete. Snow-cross at grissom anybody?
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
02 Dec 2010 09:25 AM
The Nebulizer wrote:
Sucks, huh?
They 'added value' to the NTs by creating the (as far as I can tell meaningless) Northern States Championship. This puts Toledo and Peru on a rotation.

States Championship is not meaningless. Tell that to the people going for the Triad award.
To me, the national office created kind of a "best of the best" type deal when they came up with the Triad concept. I think it's fun.

We (Indy Region) knew after the 2009 Tour at Grissom that the 'traditional' Peru Tour would rotate with the Toledo site in the future. If you have never been to the Toledo site, I suggest you try it. It's a really good site.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
02 Dec 2010 09:33 AM
Toledo is without question my favorite site. I disagree with taking away the ProSolo event there in exchange for Oscoda. Oscoda is a good site, but much too far away for an event of that caliber. Too bad we couldn't host the Pro at grissom on the rotation.
Mugenlude
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
02 Dec 2010 10:59 AM
I don't have a problem with the Tour/Pro being switched between Toledo and Peru, seems to be a reasonable solution to accommodate two good sites. Oscoda is more of a drive for most people, so that is a little disappointing, [u]personally[/u], I would rather see Peru/Toledo switch between a Tour and ProSolo between the two of them each year.

I'd also like to see a Tour back in Milwaukee as well, but we all can't get what we want, I'm sure the National Office is doing their best to spread events out, and there is probably lots of other stuff that we aren't aware of in the background such as scheduling & travel...

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
02 Dec 2010 11:23 AM
From the 1 event I've done in Milwaukee.. I'd gladly attend a Tour in your neck of the woods!
Mugenlude
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
02 Dec 2010 11:31 AM
The two years that we had Tours in Milwaukee we had a great turnout, however, we lost the Milwaukee Tour two years ago when we moved to Lincoln for Nationals. I don't know if the fact that Nationals was back on concrete was just a coincidence or not, we have a nice asphalt lot with grip levels like Lincoln.
OasisTan
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
02 Dec 2010 12:43 PM
Mugenlude wrote:
The two years that we had Tours in Milwaukee we had a great turnout, however, we lost the Milwaukee Tour two years ago when we moved to Lincoln for Nationals. I don't know if the fact that Nationals was back on concrete was just a coincidence or not, we have a nice asphalt lot with grip levels like Lincoln.

I was bumed when they took away the Milwaukee Tour. It was definitely one of my favorite for the 3 or so years that it was held. I'd love to see them bring the Tour back to Milwaukee.

dasto
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
03 Dec 2010 07:50 PM
Locked wrote:
Toledo is without question my favorite site.  I disagree with taking away the ProSolo event there in exchange for Oscoda.  Oscoda is a good site, but much too far away for an event of that caliber.  Too bad we couldn't host the Pro at grissom on the rotation.

Back in the day we did have Pro-Solos at Grissom. I got my perfect reaction time launch there one year when they were still awarding $100. I should have framed the check. Now they award $20 for perfect RT launches.
turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Dec 2010 01:36 PM
I was planning to come out of hiding occasionally this year and do the Peru Tour and the Toledo Pro. I guess that won't be happening ;)
You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner