I have been told by the event chair, the R.E. and people from national that the event WILL happen. Will not cancel.
Some people seem to be waiting here within Rio grande as well, but here's the deal. Pre Registration prices are only for another week, then the price jumps $40. ALSO, pre-registration is the only way you can cancel and get your money back. If you wait until a week before, register, and then decide not to come out you have just made a donation to the SCCA.....so that being said.....we hope people from El Paso will make the run up.
We had a PCA event there this past weekend, a Rio Grande event this coming weekend. Lot is in GREAT shape, asphalt is grippy, no sand and there will be a fair amount of rubber down by the 15th. If you need a list of hotels and resturants it's on the SCCA website or I can email you a list: firstname.lastname@example.org