You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
47CP
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Dec 2010 09:07 AM
    Am I the only one finding the site a little slow? Not time out slow like the old one, but it seems like it takes several seconds to get to a thread (any thread) from the aggregated view and several seconds to get back.

DaveW
    chrishost

--
    06 Dec 2010 02:18 PM
    I'm not seeing slowness issues from any links in my testing a few times this morning. I made a number of performance tweaks over the weekend, and have more coming, but over all things are rather speedy in my testing from home and work.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 09:59 AM
    It is still very slow. For example, when I click on a thread from the latest posts thing on the front page, I get no response for about a second, then I get a few of the small banners superimposed over the page and then about 5-8 more seconds before I see the page. THis is in Explorer.

Firefox is much quicker on getting to the thread from the front page, but still laggy returning to the home page.

DaveW
    snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 11:12 AM

I am travelling and using my netbook. While it IS slower than my other computers, THSI site is dragging a$$ while others just are just a bit slower than normal for my other 'puters.

BTW, how does one now PM or e-mail members?

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 02:46 PM

I had reported that the new site was slow from the get go. Not like when the old site was just, plain broken, but this is certainly slower than the "fixed" old site. Have yet to see any improvement in any way.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 03:38 PM
    slow and don't like it at all.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 04:14 PM
    twin_turborx7 wrote:

^^ This. ^^

twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 05:03 PM
    Locked wrote:
    twin_turborx7 wrote:

^^ This. ^^

Careful quoting me, that too gets confusing on this "new" software to follow along. Why in the world this site now uses a non-standard package is beyond my comprehension. There was nothing wrong with the old site.

Add to the list that the 1-2-3-4 next page in the bottom right on most other forum software is also at the top right. Instead this one you have to scroll to the bottom instead of being at the top and hitting page 1,2,3

SerNick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 05:53 PM
    I'm using Chrome and the new site is about 20x's faster than the old one. Nothing but good things to say from me.
    snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 06:54 PM
    Slow on EI7 or 8, and Firefox.
    snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 06:55 PM
    Slow on EI7 or 8, and Firefox.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Dec 2010 10:51 PM
    SerNick wrote:
    I'm using Chrome and the new site is about 20x's faster than the old one. Nothing but good things to say from me.

That's what I'm talkin about

GlennAustin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Dec 2010 12:31 PM

The new site is pretty quick on Safari.

MNbiker
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Dec 2010 01:23 PM
    Definitely a bit sluggish on IE8. No long delays like when the old site was broken, but every click seems like it's dipped in molasses.

Note - it sure seems to be a problem with this particular forum software and IE - as I just tried the site with Chrome and it's lightning fast with that browser.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Dec 2010 07:16 PM

I just tested in IE8, definitely something slower there, i'll see if I can see why it is.

For now I would encourage everyone to check out Google Chrome, the site definitely flies in Chrome! I quit using IE long ago, and I'm a Microsoft developer!
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Dec 2010 07:21 PM
    Chris Hammond wrote:
    I just tested in IE8, definitely something slower there.

For now I would encourage everyone to check out Google Chrome, the site definitely flies in Chrome! I quit using IE long ago, and I'm a Microsoft developer!

Will site advertisers be getting a credit for lost visitors due to site performance?

It does fly in Chrome and FF, but I hope that is not a long term solution.

DaveW

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Dec 2010 07:46 PM
    I'll see if the new layout I'm working on will allow for fixing the current issues with IE. I think I've improved things a bit, but there's still room to improve.
    Dick Rasmussen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Dec 2010 10:06 PM
    Chris Hammond wrote:
    I'll see if the new layout I'm working on will allow for fixing the current issues with IE. I think I've improved things a bit, but there's still room to improve.

Chris,

I would say the difference between Chrome and IE8 is similar to comparing CM to HS :-) My normal browser has been IE8 and for most sites it isn't "too bad". Not true with this site. Looks like I'm going to get "comfortable" with Chrome.

Dick

CM85

Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Dec 2010 12:17 AM
    The site is fast using Opera.
    talon95
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Dec 2010 05:41 AM

Works ok for me in FF. This is running on fairly decent desktop machines though. Decent performance on my HTC Evo Android phone also. The only place I've seen a slowdown is using Opera Mini on the Evo. Not sure why it bogs down there.

The only thing I really miss are the sidebars from the old site. They were a lot easier to view on the phone.

Dave G.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner