I found a chassis sheet among the things the PO gave me. In it I find that the car is already pretty light. He weighs 185 and it was about 1120 with him in it as it sits now.
I also have dyno sheets from when he had it rebuilt about a year and a half ago and it looks pretty strong. The head must flow pretty well.
I also have his race records for two and a half years and running in the club he was in he placed first more than anything else, second most of the other times and only one sixth place and a dnf.
So I am pretty pumped.
With the above freezing weather I will be pulling the car out of the garage and washing it and the trailer off. Then I plan to put it on the new yellow steel sawhorses I got for my birthday.
In my examination of the car I found a slightly bent push rod and am pondering if I should try to do something about that.
I have also found there are a lot of body panels missing.....lower rear panel (removed for cooling apparently) and some shrouds leading from the large naca duct on the side to the rads.