You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 35 of 36 << < 3233343536 > >>
Author Messages
Dick Rasmussen
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
26 Apr 2013 08:31 PM

Tom - My notes are at home. However don't forget there are air correction jets too. Lots of interacting variables to tune on a dyno for the specific carb. Dick

t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
27 Apr 2013 04:13 PM
I got it running but am not satisfied with the results. I suspect it is good enough to run though. It sounded very crisp when I revved it up sitting still.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
12 May 2013 07:05 AM
I ran at Walesboro yesterday. The timing is better, the cooling system seemed to work pretty well. The carb seems to be working pretty well. On Friday while working on the car I dropped one of the spark plugs on the concrete. I was afraid it might have cracked but did not have a spare so I reinstalled it. On my third run I developed a big miss so I suspect a broken porcelain. I want to try my timing light again on the timing. It was pretty cold yesterday morning and getting it started was a real challenge. I am so rusty that I was pretty slow, though the handling felt fine and the wear on the tires is nice and even all the way across. The new hoosiers grip so well I never came close to slipping.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 May 2013 10:44 AM
I am listing the car for sale here and on apexspeed. I will be running at the speedrome on Sunday too for anybody who might be in the market for a Formula Ford.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
15 May 2013 04:44 PM
I got a good ad up over at Apexspeed with lots of pictures. I tried to post a for sale ad here but lost it somehow.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
18 May 2013 09:31 AM
I seem to have torn my rotator cuff. Since I am having trouble tying my shoes I suppose I should not try to run tomorrow at the speedrome.

I'll miss you all!
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
20 May 2013 07:21 AM
A father and son team came yesterday to look at the Reynard. They liked it very much but they were just a bit too tall. Knees hitting the bottom of the dash and head still too high. The Mrs./Mom came along and she loved the Yellow and Orange livery.
nutty944
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 May 2013 07:12 AM
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
21 May 2013 09:42 AM
Thanks Chris!

Tom
nutty944
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 May 2013 10:08 PM
No problem...best of luck with the sale!
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
15 Jun 2013 05:29 PM
Installed the new air filter today and am planning an early departure for Connersville tomorrow!

I had a fellow pm me from Australia wanting my seat. He's 71 so he's making me feel like a wusse so maybe I'll have to reconsider keeping the FF!
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
17 Jun 2013 07:29 AM
I nearly turned back yesterday as it rained pretty good between Lafayette and Indy and the sky was pretty uniformly dark. I even called the Mrs. and asked her to look at the radar images. In the end I decided to go for it. There were four c mod cars on site when I arrived but two never unloaded. I ran the first heat with the track still wet in places. Larry joined me in the afternoon in perfectly dry conditions (though it sprinkled a little in the other run group). The course was perfect as far as I was concerned with plenty of room to get a little out of shape and not hit anything and enough space to get a good head of steam up. The car performed perfectly all day. I realized the power was not what it should be though and looked again at the distributor and decided my last adjustment had retarded the spark instead of advancing it so put it back where it was and the car came alive for my last three runs. I got beat for FTD by about a half dozen guys all running an F mod from the cincy area.

It was so slippery at first I did not even check my tire pressures. When I did I found one of my rear tires a bit low so got the tire pressures where they should have been. That was the only adjustment to the car all day.

It was a great boost for my confidence in the car and myself. Also the most fun I've had in the car for about two years.
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
17 Jun 2013 04:20 PM
Posted By t walgamuth on 17 Jun 2013 07:29 AM
I nearly turned back yesterday as it rained pretty good between Lafayette and Indy and the sky was pretty uniformly dark. I even called the Mrs. and asked her to look at the radar images. In the end I decided to go for it. There were four c mod cars on site when I arrived but two never unloaded. I ran the first heat with the track still wet in places. Larry joined me in the afternoon in perfectly dry conditions (though it sprinkled a little in the other run group). The course was perfect as far as I was concerned with plenty of room to get a little out of shape and not hit anything and enough space to get a good head of steam up. The car performed perfectly all day. I realized the power was not what it should be though and looked again at the distributor and decided my last adjustment had retarded the spark instead of advancing it so put it back where it was and the car came alive for my last three runs. I got beat for FTD by about a half dozen guys all running an F mod from the cincy area.

It was so slippery at first I did not even check my tire pressures. When I did I found one of my rear tires a bit low so got the tire pressures where they should have been. That was the only adjustment to the car all day.

It was a great boost for my confidence in the car and myself. Also the most fun I've had in the car for about two years.

Glad you solved the power loss problem. Those FM guys are from Indy. And, the owner, Craig, is building an 818 that I saw you posting about in another thread.

t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
17 Jun 2013 10:26 PM
According to the factory five website the kits are not yet available.
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
18 Jun 2013 01:46 PM
Posted By t walgamuth on 17 Jun 2013 10:26 PM

According to the factory five website the kits are not yet available.

Right. He doesn't have the kit yet, but he has dismantled his totaled WRX in preparation for the kit he will get when it is released.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 Jun 2013 07:16 AM
Ohhhh, ok.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
23 Jun 2013 01:24 PM
After looking at the pictures posted on the last event It looks as if I can lower the rear end a bit. The car is very close to neutral in handling but seems to be a little rear biased as those tires were warming nicely and the front were not, so lowering it should increase grip on the back.

I also noted a wiff of blue smoke so I will check the oil level to make sure I am not still too full.
t walgamuth
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
25 Jul 2013 03:44 PM
I was losing oil at the test and tune and have decided its the head gasket. I have the new head gasket now so will change it asap. So I missed the event on Sunday...Drat!
Mechie3

--
29 Jul 2013 04:42 PM
Posted By The Nebulizer on 17 Jun 2013 04:20 PM

Glad you solved the power loss problem. Those FM guys are from Indy. And, the owner, Craig, is building an 818 that I saw you posting about in another thread.

Oh hai!  Is someone talking about me?  I own the red/white FM.  Only made 1 Indy event this year, though I made all except 1 last year.  Last year I ran a 65hp 440cc kawasaki, this year I have a 105hp 500cc rotax with no ballast penalty because I was so overweight before. 

My 818 is due to be delivered this week (supposed to be last week but delivery truck broke down).

I met Dick Rasmussen at Toledo this past weekend.

Dick Rasmussen
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
29 Jul 2013 08:01 PM
Posted By Mechie3 on 29 Jul 2013 04:42 PM
Posted By The Nebulizer on 17 Jun 2013 04:20 PM

Oh hai!  Is someone talking about me?  I own the red/white FM.  Only made 1 Indy event this year, though I made all except 1 last year.  Last year I ran a 65hp 440cc kawasaki, this year I have a 105hp 500cc rotax with no ballast penalty because I was so overweight before. 

My 818 is due to be delivered this week (supposed to be last week but delivery truck broke down).

I met Dick Rasmussen at Toledo this past weekend.

Nice meeting you also Craig. 

Dick

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 35 of 36 << < 3233343536 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner