Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ZOK
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
19 Apr 2009 12:21 AM

With weather issues all around, PPIR dodged a bullet today when all four races ran in the dry. Stan Czacki put his 2000 Camaro on SSB pole and 6th overall in the 20 car field/race 4 behind the T1 Corvette of Mike Pettiford and several highly modified E Production cars. The race was a real barnburner with Czacki and past National Champ (also past RMDIV Director immediately prior tp Jim Christian), Bob Schader swapping the lead several times per lap in SSB.....past RMDIV divisional champ Jeff Jensen qualified 2nd in SSB but finished about a half lap behind. Lap times were quick, with Stan only .3 secs above the SSB record.....and surprised that his GTL record at PPIR still stood prior to this weekend. This helps in trying to catch back up to Lee Niffenegger in SoPac points, while noticing in Richard's post that Carolyn Kujala (who finished second to Stan in race 1 at Phoenix) and did not show this weekend (so far), leads RMDiv points.

Posting may be difficult tomorrow as we plan to stay in the trailer on the way home to save a few bucks......need to save up for bodywork after Schader nailed the Camaro's left rear quarter with his right front coming onto the front straight after several laps of back and forth in the infield roadcourse. With the sour economy, payouts this year have been meager ......thankfully Summit continues to pay, we're pretty solid top 3 in SoPac points for Runoffs "tow" $, and diesel fuel is still well below last year's prices.

Richard Dziak

--
    19 Apr 2009 09:14 AM

Great job Stan !

I watched the weather closely to see if the event would even happen. I saw (via various weather sites) there were 30 - 40 mile per hour winds, and not the best racing conditions. You are setting a GREAT pace for the runoffs and certainly are emerging as a "major" contender.

Looks like the "00" will be a car that others won't want to see on the track.

Here's a link to the SoPacDiv 2009 National Points leaders so all Pan Am members can track the progress of Team Pan Am Club Racer Stan Czacki.....................Stan is a dual member of the RMD and SoPac SCCA divisions.

http://www.scca-sopac.org/racing-natpoints.html

All points totals are updated usually on a monthly basis..........check back often to watch Stan's progress.

ZOK
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Apr 2009 11:05 PM

Thanks Richard !!!....It was obviously a super fun event for me. The point totals don't have Buttonwillow where Niffenegger spanked me two weeks ago....we were at 69 Lee & 55 Stan then. With the two wins at PPIR, it's now 73 Stan & 69 Lee (I had to drop the 6 points from the 4th place at Fontana when the engine blew or I would have 79 points).I can only count one more win, if I find the budget to go seek it, as I already have two Out of Division wins (as does Lee). Where he has the advantage, and nothing can be done about it cause the SoPac season is over, is he has 3 wins in SoPac to my two. Unfortunately there are manyraces remaining in the National season all over the country, so it's down to whatever Lee or I can muster before Labor Day.

My budget only envisioned running thru this past weekend and then the Runoffs. I am now evaluating whether I could make it to the June sprints (or some other National) without jeopardizing the Runoffs or the medicalissues($) family experiencing....and then of course, there is the threat of what GM's future might do to the part of my income that comes from current operations (they already took 10% and med gap to medicare.....thank god I was able to sign up for UTEP's before retiring). So, sometimes I feel like I'm "fidling while Rome is burning", but it's been a great season for me regardless of what happens in the point championship.......I knew I had to get my s... together early in the season.

Stan C

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner