Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ZOK
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Apr 2009 11:45 PM

Taking advantage of his 7th overall inside starting position, Stan Czacki took the SSB lead from SSB Polesitter Jeff Jensen on the first of 35 laps and led flag to flag. Jensen's Pikes Peak Motorsports Acura RSX outqualified Stan by ...2 secs 1:06.5 to 1:06.7 and Bob Schader's Mazdaspeed MX5 MSR (the MSR package alone costs more than Stan paid for his whole Camaro) with a 1:07.0. Jeff said his handling went away during the race and he could not keep up the pace set by Stan and Bob. Schader did close on Czacki at the end but would have needed about 5 more laps to make an attempt as Stan was running out of tires from the early pace where he set the fastest SSB race lap as he did Sat. Stan finished 4th overall in the 20 car field, only being bested by 3 E Prod cars, 2 RX7's and a BMW, in the 20 car field.

For the point ramifications, see Richard Dziak's response to my earlier post on the Sat. race.....for great action pics of the Sun. race (unfortunately none of Sat's dogfight), go to pro photog Rupert Berrington's site www.printroom.com/pro/action click on 2009 SCCA Road Racing Gallery and PPIR Group 4. I don't have the links, but VP Phography of Calif. (steve@vanhap.com) had some great shots at the Buttonwillow Sat. social including a couple of my old Camaro ahead of current SSB National Champ, Lee Niffenegger.

Looks like this could be my last event of 2009 till the Runoffs unless I come up with more race budget $ to do one more National......June Sprints preferred, but points lead protection is also a factor, as that would let me try to learn Road America before the thrash of the Runoffs in Sept.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner