Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 20 May 2009 12:41 PM by  Brad Roberts
NEW! Vorshlag Camber Plates and AST 5100s for Porsche 996!
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Fair
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
24 Apr 2009 10:14 AM
    We have a new tester with a Porsche 911 (996 chassis) awaiting AST 5200s so we figured we'd better get some camber plates ready. Surprisingly the choices for Porsche camber plates was actually pretty poor... until now. 8)

SCCAForums Image
    [I]Front camber plates for Porsche 996 chassis[/I]

SCCAForums Image
    [I]Front camber plates for Porsche 996 chassis[/I]

These are some "generic" plates we built for the WORKS team's 2008 Lancer Ralliart race car being built for NASA/USTCC/SCCA World Challenge. They have fabricated strut towers that these plates below will bolt to:

SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image

Both of these options will be on our website for sale soon.
    Fair
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    06 May 2009 04:40 PM
    SCCAForums Image
    AST 5100 kit for Porsche 911 (996 chassis), shown with optional AST rear top mounts, end links and Vorshlag camber plates.

SCCAForums Image
    AST 5100 front strut for Porsche 911 (996 chassis), shown with matching Vorshlag camber plate.

SCCAForums Image
    AST 5100 front strut for Porsche 911 (996 chassis). Note rebound adjuster at bottom of strut and 45mm shaft.

SCCAForums Image
    AST 5100 rear shock for Porsche 996

SCCAForums Image
    AST 5100 rear shock for Porsche 911 (996 chassis). Note the adjustable height swaybar bracket.

SCCAForums Image
    AST spherical Rear Shock Mounts for Porsche 911 (996 chassis)

SCCAForums Image
    AST end links for Porsche 911 rear shocks (996 chassis)
    Fair
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 May 2009 06:56 PM
    We have put the first AST 5100 set onto a tester's Porsche 911 and worked out all of the questions such as: spring lengths, spring rates, tender springs, optional front end links + brackets, swaybars, and more. The AST 5000 series shock sets are now for sale [URL="http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=233_234_236&products_id=387"]on our website[/URL].

Check out the link on our website above for the optional components. These pictures show some of these details, below:

SCCAForums Image
    [I]Stock "before" ride heights shown[/I]

SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image
    [I]Left: Front AST 5100 shocks, optional adjustable swaybar bracket and Vorshlag camber plates + springs, installed[/I]
    [I]Right: Rear AST 5100 shocks, end links, AST RSMs, installed[/I]

SCCAForums Image
    [I]Front suspension picture[/I]

SCCAForums Image
    [I]Optional end link bracket and end links[/I]

SCCAForums Image
    [I]AST adjustable rod-end style rear swaybar end links come with this AST 5000 shock kit[/I]

SCCAForums Image
    [I]Initial AST ride heights[/I]

The final ride height was considerably lower than the picture above shows. The factory suspension has a bit of a "reverse rake" but the lower, final setup does not - it looks right and handles very well. We've basically quadrupled the spring rates and it rides better than before. Another great AST + Vorshlag suspension solution. 8)

Full installation gallery [URL="http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/8253618_Y2JAN"]here[/URL].
    Brad Roberts

--
    20 May 2009 12:41 PM

The 996 camber plates are trick :) but your comment "Surprisingly the choices for Porsche camber plates was actually pretty poor... until now" is.. well.. *odd* :) Those of us that touched/maintained the first GT3 Cup cars to reach the states late 99/early 00 found out quickly we could just buy "stock" Porsche Motorsports upper monoball mounts for ALL 996/986 tubs. There was NO need for adjustable plates such as the Ground Control units we have seen for 12-13 years now, since we like using the GT3 lower control arms. We set the top plate to MAX positive camber and use shims on the GT3 arms to widen the front track width. What a lot of us dislike about the Ground Control camber adjust plates (and your plates) is the way the monoball is captured. It is captured via a circlip :( They make noise. People tend to not like noises coming from their suspenion (even though they are warned "these will make noise")

I can list off 8-10 companies who make Porsche upper camber plates. Some have camber adjust, some do not :)

PMNA

JRZ

TRG

RSS

Tarett

Schnell

Vision

Rebel

GC

on and on.. :)

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner