RPM Motorsports Update...
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SpeedTeacher

--
13 May 2009 12:54 AM

(Sorry so long... but lots of information to share...) :)

Hello Everyone! I’d like to take a few minutes and provide an update for RPM Motorsports and the RPM Racing League. I apologize that the website has been slow in being updated. I now have a webmaster that is very talented who will make sure we are up to date with everything.

The past six months have been quite challenging and we’ve been faced with some major obstacles. But we keep moving forward, even if it is a little at a time. Our objective hasn’t changed. We want to create an environment where people can come and race safely and not out on the public roads. We also want to introduce the sport of autocross to a wide audience. Because we provide the cars and equipment, we will have people try the sport that ordinarily wouldn’t. From there we plan on directing them to the local Fort Wayne SCCA events. It would be great to see 100+ participants at local events. The Fort Wayne SCCA autocross group always puts on great events and is full of great people. I’d love to be able to bring more people into the sport and the local SCCA region.

Last October we had the RPM Motorsports Mitsubishi in Glenbrook Mall to help us introduce the RPM Racing Leagues. Response was fantastic. We had tons of interest and handed out over 2000 flyers. It was a great start to our program.

Originally we were working on a plan to hold the events at Kruse Auction Park. Unfortunately our contact left the company to pursue other opportunities, leaving us at square one. From there we found a vacant factory in Columbia City that had a parking lot big enough to hold events in. The downside to that location was its proximity to residential areas. Local residents had concerns about noise. It didn’t look like that site would be viable for us. On a positive note though, we worked extensively with the President of the Whitley County Economic Development Corporation, Alan Tio. He was great and helped us navigate through the necessary requirements. He also introduced us to Columbia City’s mayor, Jim Fleck. Mayor Fleck was very receptive to our program and was encouraged we were exploring the Columbia City area for our new venture.

Still without a site we began to make plans for figuring out how to raise the capital for our own site. There are several ways to finance our site, such as; personal equity, private investment, business loans and fundraising activities. We began to put plans in place to explore each of those options to see how each one would fit into our long term plans and needs. It was apparent we would most likely use several options combined to achieve our goal.

So, while we started making plans for a permanent facility we continued to search for a facility we could lease. We found one that seemed perfect but we were unable to come to terms that were acceptable to both sides. We also explored using the Memorial Coliseum, but the cost was well beyond what we could afford.

That brings us to where we are today. We have started a ‘buy a brick’ campaign in order to raise capital for the construction of our facility. The bricks are $125 each and can be engraved with whatever the purchaser wants. The bricks will then be used to construct a beautiful ‘victory lane’ which will be the centerpiece of our motorsports complex. Each event winner will get their picture taken there. It will be a great experience!

We are having a sales contest that is limited to 50 entrants. The objective is to sell as many bricks as possible over the course of the next 20 weeks. The top sellers will have a chance to win a Mitsubishi Evolution. For a complete set of rules, please visit our website after 5/25/09. The contest will be fun and should give us the push we need to achieve our goal.

While the ‘buy a brick’ campaign is under way we are still working on leasing a site. In fact, we have a strong lead right now that may work out perfectly. We’ll keep you posted as soon as we know more information. If we do find a site, we will start events and continue working toward our own permanent facility.

I would like to thank everyone who has provided constructive feedback, as well as all the volunteers who are on stand-by patiently waiting for us to get started. If you are on the outside looking in it might look like nothing’s happening, but if you are involved in any way, you know that we are working very hard to get RPM Motorsports up and racing.

If anyone has any questions at all I would encourage you to call my cell phone anytime. I have it with me all the time. My number is 260-580-7940.

Respectfully,

Todd James

RPM Motorsports

260-580-7940

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner