23 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
OneEyeMedia

--
28 May 2009 02:50 PM

Thanks Mavis, I think for the event in June, I am going to wear a shirt that reads "NEWB"....

OneEyeMedia

--
28 May 2009 03:13 PM
deleted post
Bigblockbandit

--
29 May 2009 07:40 AM
Never seen a slanted h under the hood but consider this. The #4 plug looks like its sitting in water or antifreeze. On for sohc and dohc motors the plug sits in a hole with a coil pack on top of it. At the back of the motor under a leaky hose connection the plug and coil pack get wet and start a miss that does not really show up on a scanner right. I would look into why that plug is rusting from the outside in, might have something to with it or not but It really does some odd things to the 4.6/5.4s ive had. could even sound like a tick as its not firing hot then clean up as itgets the r's up. I have not heard of anything factory needing 60k freshen ups since the air cooled vws,
OneEyeMedia

--
29 May 2009 08:29 AM
Mavis hit it on the head. I sometimes power wash the car and the dust cover that bolts on top of the valve cover, well I took that off thinking it was cool to not to have it on. So I might have gotten some spray from the wash when spraying the engine bay. Thanks for the reply though!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner