23 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
OneEyeMedia

--
28 May 2009 02:50 PM

Thanks Mavis, I think for the event in June, I am going to wear a shirt that reads "NEWB"....

OneEyeMedia

--
28 May 2009 03:13 PM
deleted post
Bigblockbandit

--
29 May 2009 07:40 AM
Never seen a slanted h under the hood but consider this. The #4 plug looks like its sitting in water or antifreeze. On for sohc and dohc motors the plug sits in a hole with a coil pack on top of it. At the back of the motor under a leaky hose connection the plug and coil pack get wet and start a miss that does not really show up on a scanner right. I would look into why that plug is rusting from the outside in, might have something to with it or not but It really does some odd things to the 4.6/5.4s ive had. could even sound like a tick as its not firing hot then clean up as itgets the r's up. I have not heard of anything factory needing 60k freshen ups since the air cooled vws,
OneEyeMedia

--
29 May 2009 08:29 AM
Mavis hit it on the head. I sometimes power wash the car and the dust cover that bolts on top of the valve cover, well I took that off thinking it was cool to not to have it on. So I might have gotten some spray from the wash when spraying the engine bay. Thanks for the reply though!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner