22 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
lharts

--
15 Apr 2011 01:44 PM
    worked a couple hours yesterday trying to come up with something a little different, finaly settled on this,,, slalom starts out with one cone then 62 ft,, then two cones 6 ft between them,,,. then another 62 ft,, then three cones with 6 ft between each,, then 62 ft then,, four cones with 6 ft between each,, then 62 ft, then five cones with 6 ft between them, as the walls get longer it gives you and the car a little more time to get ready for the next hole, seems to get a little faster the deeper into it you go,, see you sunday
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Apr 2011 02:31 PM
    Sounds exciting larry!
    Dick Powell

--
    15 Apr 2011 02:44 PM
    So each section of the slalom is increasing spacing by 6 additional feet. Like an increasing radius turn except keeps changing direction. Sounds like FUN !!!
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Apr 2011 04:31 PM
    That's roughly a 325' increasing Wallom (depending on my estimation of cone base width)!!!! 70, 77, 84, 91
    Should be interesting getting the timing right on that one. I have a feeling it may walk wide open, but drive tight if you try to hold the throttle wide open through the entire thing since the spacing remains 62 feet between the walloms.
    YMMV of course.
    lharts

--
    15 Apr 2011 06:04 PM
    cone base is 11 inches, i always take measurments from the center line of the cones,, so with 2 cones the wall is 6 ft plus the 11 inches and a 3 cone wall is 12 ft plus the 11inch base,,, i think it walks slower than it drives, at least the last half of it,, which makes it easer on the cone chasers,, at least until the later runs where people get the hang of it ,, brian's and will's origional wallam with walls 40 ft with a holes of 55 took a couple of runs to get used to,, it drove much faster than it walked,, jeff wanted me to come with something different,, but their is only about one path around grissom anymore and their is only so much you can do with turns if you want to keep them as big as you can , so all we are left with is the straights
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 Apr 2011 06:07 PM
    harts wrote:
    cone base is 11 inches, i always take measurments from the center line of the cones,, so with 2 cones the wall is 6 ft plus the 11 inches and a 3 cone wall is 12 ft plus the 11inch base,,, i think it walks slower than it drives, at least the last half of it,, which makes it easer on the cone chasers,, at least until the later runs where people get the hang of it ,, brian's and will's origional wallam with walls 40 ft with a holes of 55 took a couple of runs to get used to,, it drove much faster than it walked,, jeff wanted me to come with something different,, but their is only about one path around grissom anymore and their is only so much you can do with turns if you want to keep them as big as you can , so all we are left with is the straights

Looking forward to it, Larry!

Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Apr 2011 09:14 PM
    harts wrote:

The double angled 3 cone sharing a cone slalom at the division championships was a great slalom.. Really a good thread the needle rhythmic section. I never got that one right.

schmuk

--
    16 Apr 2011 04:05 PM
    Interesting. I think I am gonna try to make it out. Didn't remember that whole new online registration thing until it was too late, but I am actually in town and off this weekend and not feeling sick so much anymore (stupid colds), so as long as I get the snow tires off the car and get it ready today, I will come out and play.
    nutty944
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Apr 2011 07:31 PM
    I really enjoyed this section. Once I got my entry right, I was able to carry all kinds of speed nicely through. Thanks for a fun course!!!!
    jchiu

--
    17 Apr 2011 07:37 PM
    Thanks workers for 1) braving the cold and 2) for giving me a push start on my last run after I stalled the Reynard. Had fun today, can't wait to drive again!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Apr 2011 09:38 PM
    Another great Indy event! Larry, I might say thats my favorite grissom event to date. The big sweeper on the north end was just awesome.
    Dick Powell

--
    18 Apr 2011 01:59 PM
    I have to agree with the rest; GREAT course! I liked the couterclockwise course. With my extra ballast on the left, my car turns left much better than right. The end sweepers were awesome! Thanks, Larry, for a day of FUN !!
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Apr 2011 04:54 PM
    Another great course, Larry! Simple but challenging.
    JJGatesE30

--
    18 Apr 2011 05:24 PM
    Locked wrote:
    The big sweeper on the north end was just awesome.

Agreed.

The most challenging section for me was exiting that sweeper, then getting the car over to the right, then getting right again to make the slalom.

Great course and besides the wind, great day.

Justin

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Apr 2011 11:02 PM
    Locked wrote:
    harts wrote:

The double angled 3 cone sharing a cone slalom at the division championships was a great slalom.. Really a good thread the needle rhythmic section. I never got that one right.

That was my course but I don't remember what you're talking about. I'll see if I can find my course maps.

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Apr 2011 05:46 AM

I enjoyed the course too. I was a little confused though, you used as many cones in just one section as you usually use for an entire Harts course! There were several sections I never got close to right but Jimmy and I were struggling to learn how to drive a FF so had only about 20% of our brain available to master the course!

I cannot say what advantage there was in having so many cones marking the central slalom.

I never mastered the offset entry to the big slalom or the first series warped slalom. Loved the two sweepers. The finish for some reason I was able to get right even though it was very similar to many which I had trouble with in the past.

lharts

--
    19 Apr 2011 01:02 PM
    the past year or so i have discovered the walled slalom and how different it is from single cone slalom's ,,, i can put two cones three feet apart in place of one cone and people all of a suden stop running over them, it just seems like people give them a little more space, and then their is the thing with the longer walls and how you view them and how the car reacts to them,, still lots to learn about these types of elements, unfortunaly they all take lots more cones, but they seem to be easer on the cone chasers
    t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Apr 2011 06:12 AM
    two in the middle of each section of the slalom would be fine.
    t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 May 2011 09:57 PM

I still prefer the one cone slaloms but todays version 2 of this course was excellent. You eleminated all of the fiddly places and made it much more drivable and fast! Loved it!

I guess the position of the starting light is the explanation of why the times were slower than the previous version.

Beautiful day too!

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 May 2011 10:25 PM
    I suck at slaloms.
    True story.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner