More racing news
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Warren LeVeque

--
16 Apr 2011 04:43 PM

As some of you know, I just published a book about road racing in the 70s. Since my road racing days were over it seemed like a good thing to do.

We just recently had a Corvair Performace Workshop at Gasoline Alley in Indy.

One of my DP Yenko Stinger Corvair competitors, James Reeve, who always beat me and was the fastest Corvair racer of all at the time has secured a Stinger ride for the upcoming Road Atlanta Mitty Vintage race April 28-May 1.

THEN the pressure was on me to accept a ride in my son Michael's just completed clone of the Stinger that I ran in the 70s. He just had the tech inspection and insists that I be the first name in the new log book. At 69 years old, this tired body just barely passed my racing medical and the deal is mostly done. We even had a loan of the expensive and newly required HANS device. I was even able to bluff my way into a current racing license. There are now 5 Corvairs entered in the Mitty. We'll be racing with the MGs ,Triumphs, Porsches, Datsuns and Loti--Da ja vu.

It looks like one of your members is going road racing again!! Maybe an adendum to the book also.

Warren

Jason Massey Media

--
    19 Apr 2011 04:02 PM

Warren - that is AWESOME news! Glad to hear you are able to get back into thing. Are you coming out to the May 15th solo event at Grissom, if so - bring a book - so I can buy one from you!

Cheers,

Jason

Warren LeVeque

--
    24 Apr 2011 10:42 PM

Jason,

Yes I plan on being there with books.

Warren

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner