Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cashmo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
17 Apr 2011 10:05 PM

Results from Solo event #1 are posted online. Very cold in the morning but the temp rose to reasonable for this time of year by the afternoon. At least it didn't snow like at yesterday's driver school.

http://sololive.scca-milwaukee.org had live timing and scoring going the whole day. Thanks to Steve Wynveen for setting this up.

Jeff

fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Apr 2011 01:36 PM

It was a rough weekend weather wise, but all else went very well! Great work by all who were involved in both the Drivers School and event #1. On Saturday I was soo happy to be in the car again after a long winter, even if it was 40deg and raining. :)

A special shout out to Dana Mittelstadt who showed me is skills on Saturday, an impressive trophy finish in Front wheel drive class! Great drive!

Looking forward to next time, Chris

BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Apr 2011 02:02 PM

Having live timing was great. I know I can be a bit lazy at times but not having to walk up to the bus to check printouts all the time and not having to get out the calculator to find out if someone passed you up is great.

I'm really hoping that I was so far behind Lance because I didn't drive well and not just because he has a GS car. I can actually do something about the driving hopefully.

mrazny
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Apr 2011 02:42 PM
    It's only the first event, but does it seem like the .975 was the "right" factor?
    MugenSI

--
    18 Apr 2011 04:44 PM

boy was it cold on the corners! We must of had 6 or 7 cones get blown over by the wind....

best course of the year! (it was a great course - thanks Chris)

MikeSS

--
    18 Apr 2011 06:23 PM
    felt so good to get back out there! Track was awesome :)
    murph1379
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Apr 2011 10:33 AM
    The course was fantastic, nice work everyone. =]

Did anyone get pictures?
    cbailey
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Apr 2011 11:04 AM
    Jason Frank helped me out quite a bit setting up on Saturday evening, and Jason, Bart, and Steve helped with some tweaks in the morning, so let's not forget them. Glad people enjoyed it despite the weather! I was pretty worried about the wind blowing everything around, but it was great work by everyone to keep things rolling despite. Thanks to everyone who made the weekend enjoyable!

And, I agree with Brian -- the live timing has been a spectacular addition so far.
    uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Apr 2011 08:06 PM
    is there a reason why the pro class would not let Tews run the street tire index? He was on street tires.
    Mugenlude
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Apr 2011 08:12 PM
    mrazny wrote:
    It's only the first event, but does it seem like the .975 was the "right" factor?

Hard to say, it's going to take time to confirm... I think an event in the 40's is probably as good as it's going to get for the street tires, short of rain...

It's an index factor, it's not meant for one event, it's meant to average out over the course of the year.

Windscreen

--
    19 Apr 2011 08:45 PM
    uscrew96 wrote:
    is there a reason why the pro class would not let Tews run the street tire index? He was on street tires.

The T&S software does not support it. That would be an index on top of an index, within an indexed class. In the case of Pro, the class index is 1.000.

For what its worth, I'm glad that AXWare doesn't support it. Pro is a class to try to simulate National style competition. If you want to run in Pro, do it in a Nationally recognized class! No STI foolishness here.

-Steve

mrazny
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Apr 2011 09:03 PM
    That all makes sense... From a non-pro perspective, it's both cool and not cool that the top tier talent is in the pro class as opposed to the general classes. F/R/A are large enough where that doesn't seem to mess with things too much with the plethora of trophies available.
    uscrew96
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Apr 2011 11:17 PM
    Windscreen wrote:
    uscrew96 wrote:

The T&S software does not support it. That would be an index on top of an index, within an indexed class. In the case of Pro, the class index is 1.000.

For what its worth, I'm glad that AXWare doesn't support it. Pro is a class to try to simulate National style competition. If you want to run in Pro, do it in a Nationally recognized class! No STI foolishness here.

-Steve

But what about the over all index? Should not count there, he was on street tire in a bsp class car?

BSTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Apr 2011 10:59 AM
    uscrew96 wrote:
    Windscreen wrote:
    uscrew96 wrote:

The T&S software does not support it. That would be an index on top of an index, within an indexed class.

But what about the over all index? Should not count there, he was on street tire in a bsp class car?

See above.

2superblus
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Apr 2011 12:24 PM

In simple terms he chose to run in pro.

Pro does not support the additional index factors the two fields are already populated with the drivers index and the 1.000 class index.

If he wanted to show up on higher on pax overall using the .975 STI he would have had to run in R .975 with the BSP .859 index.

Hope that clears some of the fog.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner