24 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
KBroeker

--
09 Jun 2009 09:49 AM

1. As some have said here, SMS was proposed as a regional class and presumably went through the board and was approved for '06 season. The intent was Street Mod cars on street tires and the PAX eventually was based on the midpoint between SM and STU.

2. This year, there were some changes to National Street Touring Classes. This should have made no difference to our regional SMS class as it is based on SM on street tires. Furthermore, the description of the street tire classes in the Drift this month has many other errors (as Travis aludes to).

3. The change from SMS to SMT was not neccessary as it did not clash with any other designation. Whoever did this did it arbitrarily as far as I know.

4. There was a change to Street Mod this year. There was the addition of a SSM class for two seaters and "other specified cars". If FWR wanted to exclude two seaters from SMS, they could proppose SSMS, although that is using quite a large chunk of vinyl.

We are in the season. There is no reason for this confusion. The correct (meaning board approved) classing needs to posted here and in the drift.

I know there was discussion about PAX for SMS on this forum earlier and some results were changed to reflect that discussion. If the decision (through the board) back in '06 was to keep the PAX for SMS at mid-point between STU and SM until otherwise changed, then I think that needs to be stated and the updated PAX posed in the Drift. As a matter of fact, it is not a bad idea to post all of the classes and their respective PAX's.

chriskrumnow

--
09 Jun 2009 09:17 PM

I'm not trying to start problems. I thought the rules that were on the laptop were the official rules. I made sure not to change a single word. I have realized that I have different priorities than most of the people in the club. I am fine with being different. I'm not wrong or right. It was an honest mistake. I thought the rules that I had put into the drift were already talked about and okay'd by the board. I think it's ironic that it wasn't an issue until it was put into the drift. At least people are reading the drift.

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Jun 2009 09:45 PM

Chris, first thanks for volunteering to put out the newsletter. I see you had good intent with posting street tire classes. We need to continue to get new people to solo, and street tire classes are a great way to go about it. Unfortunately, that listing is several years old (at least 3 years old?).

In my opinion, we should clarify what classes are available to FWR. The national SCCA Solo rulebook should be the first thing referenced. Next would be region only classes, that we are running this year. SMT (formerly SMS) is a valid FWR only class. In the past, the region did approve STU2 and STX2. I'm sure it's in a previous drift from years ago and I don't have time to look it up. We should clarify what other classes we have available for 2009. Maybe this can be cleared up at the next meeting, but if we continue to have these classes available then we should assign a PAX at the same time to avoid confusion which SMT caused us earlier this year.

wrheadle

--
09 Jun 2009 10:01 PM
chriskrumnow wrote:

I think it's ironic that it wasn't an issue until it was put into the drift. At least people are reading the drift.

It wasn't an issue because no one had talked about it because no one knew that files existed on the laptop (I don't even know which laptop we are talking about here....)

chriskrumnow

--
09 Jun 2009 10:08 PM
It is on the timing computer.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner