26 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
KBroeker

--
13 Jun 2009 05:46 PM

Last year, it seemed that there were concrete barriers and that possibly we did not require waivers to be signed by people who were outside of those barriers (paddock, grid and the course were all behind the barriers and I think we had the waiver person at the entrace to the "hot" areas). Do I remember right and is that the plan this year? I ask because my kids may want to see me run, but my wife will not be there for them, only a baby sitter.

Also, what area do we have this year and who is event master and course designer? I drove by the site today and noticed that a new fence was being constructed in what would be the NW corner of the site we had last year. There was also some construction vehicles in the course area. Just a heads up...

wrheadle

--
    14 Jun 2009 12:27 PM

Kyle-

You remember correctly but it will not be the same this year. The stadium is being torn down and we do not have access to the far eastern portion of the site (where we paddocked last year). We will paddocking by the expo center this year and there probably won't be the option to be on site without signing the waiver.

Scott Lewis and I are designing the course again this year and we will be making it flow a lot better this time. Our course area will be further west, with the eastern edge defined by the security fence that is being built for the wrecking ball work. We do get more area to the west to make up for it, so we should have the same amount of space, and it might actually be more usable too,

Bill

KBroeker

--
    15 Jun 2009 11:39 AM

Bill-

Thanks for the reply. The waiver issue is probably a moot point now as the Impreza puked on me last night. Will post details on another post looking for advice, but suffice it to say, I will probably be just visiting with my girls to watch and not driving in the event.

FTW_FRC

--
    15 Jun 2009 09:57 PM

Kyle,

I you need/want a ride. You can codrive with me. Let me know. [Y] [Beer]

OneEyeMedia

--
    15 Jun 2009 11:34 PM
    FTW_FRC wrote:

Kyle,

Kyle, jump on this bro! Corvette co-drive = FTMFW!!!!

KBroeker

--
    16 Jun 2009 08:11 AM
    FTW_FRC wrote:

Kyle,

WOW! Chris, you may have just twisted my arm. I had given up on this event out of dispair over the Subie. If you are honest about your offer (and I know you to be an honest guy as you probably know that I will drive aggressively, although maybe not on my first run, in your car) I would love to co-drive with you.

FTW_FRC

--
    16 Jun 2009 03:47 PM

Sounds like a plan. Should be fun. When Tom ran with me last year at this event. We managed to toast the brakes. Lets see if we can do it again. [Y]

I am already registered on MyAutoEvents. Car #13. So if you want just register as #113 and we are good to go. [Beer]

KBroeker

--
    16 Jun 2009 04:30 PM
    AWESOME! I'm there. Right now the forcast weather looks good.
    KBroeker

--
    16 Jun 2009 05:43 PM

Chris-

I am pre-registered. I do not remember, do you run on race rubber? If so, do you want me to help change out wheels? What time do you want me to be there? I will buy your lunch as you have offered the co-drive. Do you want me to bring a cooler with water or Gatorade or such?

I'm pretty psyched about this.

KBroeker

--
    16 Jun 2009 05:43 PM

Chris-

I am pre-registered. I do not remember, do you run on race rubber? If so, do you want me to help change out wheels? What time do you want me to be there? I will buy your lunch in appreciation for the co-drive. Want me to bring a cooler with water or Gatorade or such?

I am pretty psyched about this!

OneEyeMedia

--
    16 Jun 2009 05:45 PM

Broeker = Lucky SOB!

Hey, I am 100% sure he runs street tires...

KBroeker

--
    16 Jun 2009 05:55 PM

JPM-

You are just releaved about not getting the ST smackdown that was comin' from the Subie corner....

KBroeker

--
    16 Jun 2009 05:57 PM

THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Shake 'n' Bake, BRO!

OneEyeMedia

--
    16 Jun 2009 06:02 PM

KBroeker wrote:

JPM-

You are just releaved about not getting the ST smackdown that was comin' from the Subie corner....

That is ok, I will just put the smack down on the Indy and South Bend guys instead!

KBroeker wrote:

THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Shake 'n' Bake, BRO!

Great Movie!

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Jun 2009 06:20 PM
    JPMRacing26 wrote:

That is ok, I will just put the smack down on the Indy and South Bend guys instead!

Bring it!

OneEyeMedia

--
    16 Jun 2009 06:46 PM
    GChambers wrote:
    JPMRacing26 wrote:

Bring it!

SCCAForums Image

I wondered when you would chime in, I am sure Boobzilla will be here shortly!

FTW_FRC

--
    20 Jun 2009 04:18 AM
    KBroeker wrote:

Chris-

I am pre-registered. I do not remember, do you run on race rubber? If so, do you want me to help change out wheels? What time do you want me to be there? I will buy your lunch in appreciation for the co-drive. Want me to bring a cooler with water or Gatorade or such?

I am pretty psyched about this!

I run on street tires for now. Race rubber is the plan for next year. I plan on being there around 7:30 before they start charging for parking. I usually bring a cooler, but if you want to thats cool. One thing I wont have to pack. ;) Prepping my car takes all of ten minutes so no worries there. Thanks for lunch man. [Beer]

KBroeker

--
    20 Jun 2009 01:47 PM

Chris-

I should be there about then as well. I just put some bottled water in the fridge to cool. I will also be packing my own helmet, a Safety Stewards cap (in case they want me to be one or if saomeone wants to borrow it), alternate cap, as well as some sunscreen. Oh, and hopefully I am packing my brain for "manual" traction control.

C U in the AM.

FTW_FRC

--
    20 Jun 2009 02:39 PM
    KBroeker wrote:

Chris-

I should be there about then as well. I just put some bottled water in the fridge to cool. I will also be packing my own helmet, a Safety Stewards cap (in case they want me to be one or if saomeone wants to borrow it), alternate cap, as well as some sunscreen. Oh, and hopefully I am packing my brain for "manual" traction control.

C U in the AM.

Traction Control? SCCAForums Image Man we don't need no stinking traction control.

SCCAForums Image

Evil grin. [Y] [Beer]

KBroeker

--
    22 Jun 2009 05:25 AM

Chris-

Thanks again for letting me co-drive in your Corvette. The above comment about traction control seems ominous in light of my first run. The fact that my wife happened to have time in her day at the right time to bring the girls out to see me do a few runs was awesome, especially since it was Father's Day. They missed my first run where I spun, but caught me killing the pointer comes at the entrance to the last slolom after coming into that corner too hot and pushing out on my third run. They were sitting on the "grassy knoll" under the trees, so they had "ring side seat" for that one. It took a little while for me to get used to the power of your car and get the seating/steering wheel in a good position to me. But, that is an awesome car and it felt good to progressively learn it and just to be out, driving in an event on an awesome day.

I looked at the videos last night, just on the little screen on the camera, when I got to my rental in Richmond. I am sorry, but as I suspected, I must have pushed the video button a second time by accident and missed your last (fastest and cleanest) run. I did get all or at least most of all of your other runs. I should have time tonight to do a little editing and send you video.

The one thing we did not do, which we should have, is ride along with each other. You kept saying "I don't know where I am coning" and I kept saying, "I cant see well enough through the video screen on the camera to tell". We should have rode along with each other. Oh, well, if the opportunity arises again or if you have someone else co-drive, you might think about doing that.

I know a quite a few people were shooting digital stills. I am looking forward to the postings on those as well as the results.

Thanks, again!

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner