7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
T1Matt76

--
01 May 2011 09:07 PM

Approximately 13k original miles

The car was originally built by Phoenix Performance and has been a race car all its life. I have been the owner of the car for the past five years although I only raced it for three seasons. When I purchased the car from Phoenix Performance they had just freshened the car with an all new drivetrain, exhaust system, and paint. Since then I've competed in about 6 Regionals and 16 National races.

The car sustained front-end damage at a National race in Buttonwillow, CA. The LF fender hit a tire barrier with the main impact point just in front of the LF tire. Both frame rails are bent just in front of the forward upper A-arm mount point. The radiator, one headlight assembly, and hood and are still good but the remaining bodywork needs to be replaced, along with new frame rails. I believe the engine cradle, suspension, and steering are ok, but I haven't inspected them thoroughly. I would replace the upper A-arms due to the proximity of where the frame rails bent. I have a lot of pictures showing the current condition of the car that I can share.

This is a standard Phoenix T1 build plus the following:

• Triple adjustable Moton shocks (10 races total)
    • Spare fresh LS6 motor (sans accessories – just rebuilt) (motor in car still ok)
    • Two sets of 17” CCW wheels (one set just rebuilt with new centers, two new shells, and titanium fasteners, another set of used shells and brand new – still in the box centers)
    • Various spare parts (brake parts, tie-rod ends, etc. I don't have an inventory right now)

This car has a lot of history. Here's a summary of its Run-Offs finishes:

Year Pos Driver Car #

1st

Jeff Altenburg #72
    2000 2nd Jeff Altenburg #72
    2001 10th John Yarosz #33
    2002 4th Tom Lyons #27
    2003 DNF David Roush #13
    2004 6th David Roush #13

Before Crash

Side That Hit Tire Barrier

The car is repairable and would make a good project for someone. I would prefer to see it back on the racetrack rather than get parted out.

Asking $11,000 for everything
    Located in Phoenix, AZ

Matt Humrick
    kepler_76@yahoo.com

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    12 Oct 2012 07:13 AM
    Hey, Matt. I have been trying to contact you regarding picking up the spare engine. Give me a call at 253-970-3710 please. Thanks, Dave
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Oct 2012 11:02 PM
    Anybody got a phone number for Matt?
    2MCHPWR

--
    17 Oct 2012 09:19 AM
    he says its sold
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Oct 2012 10:38 AM
    Thanks for checking. I am the one who bought it and just needed to coordinate picking up the spare engine. He contacted me last night.
    dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 May 2017 04:33 PM
    ttt
    APinSoFla

--
    02 Jun 2017 07:12 PM
    Can you elaborate, please? You pushed a 5 year old post to the top where you appear to have been the buyer. Are you selling what you bought in the same condition that you bought it for the same price? If not, please elaborate on what you've done, the car's current condition, price , and location. The picture links appear broken, too, so it would be helpful if you can post some that you've taken. I'm interested but wasn't on this forum back in 2012 when this first came across the block so I'm not familiar in what this looked like back then.

Thx,
    AP

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Jun 2017 02:55 AM

I just moved it to the top where  a particular someone could find it easily. Not for sale at this time.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner