Stock Classification Question
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
VerizonGuy

--
13 Jun 2009 10:35 PM

Does anybody know where I can find documentation on the criteria of deferances between all of the stock catagories? For example what makes a car fall into H compared to G?

Thanks!

OneEyeMedia

--
    13 Jun 2009 11:37 PM

Complete 2009 Rule book in pdf

http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo_..._Rules.pdf

Looks like page 22 start into car details, hope that helps.

VerizonGuy

--
    13 Jun 2009 11:59 PM

I looked there earlier but didn't find anything. I suppose a good example of what I'm looking for would be in G where my car is classed at. What technical specifications or perameters allow these cars to run in the same class.

The BMW 318i I-4 RWD, the VW Corrado both V6 and the supercharged I-4 FWD, but with the Scirocco the 16v I-4 is in G and the 8v is in H. The common theme seems to be 2 door, 4 seats, 2 wheel drive, I4 and V6 engines. I assume track, wheelbase and power to weight is also in there as well. Though I'm not finding anything to back that up.

KBroeker

--
    14 Jun 2009 10:46 AM
    This is a very complex issue. All cars need to be classed and sometimes there are dominant vehicles within a class (your class is mostly domnatd by the Cooper S, although recent Celicas do well also). Some clases make sense from purely a perfromance and market sense (Super Stock comes to mind; the Z06 was dominant for years, but the Elise/Exige and Prosche GT3 are leaving a mark as well). Sometimes configuration makes sense (FS = V8 "pony cars"). Most of the times it is a combination of issues, but the goal of the Solo Events Board is to classify cats in groups that perorm similarly. Sometimes whe a platform is updated, there is the delema of is new generation belongs where old generation was. Aslo, sometimes a new vehicle is "mis-classed" and after a year is re classified. Furthermore, there is sometimes a complete re-look as there was a few years ago.
    OneEyeMedia

--
    14 Jun 2009 11:10 AM
    VerizonGuy wrote:

I looked there earlier but didn't find anything. I suppose a good example of what I'm looking for would be in G where my car is classed at. What technical specifications or perameters allow these cars to run in the same class.

The BMW 318i I-4 RWD, the VW Corrado both V6 and the supercharged I-4 FWD, but with the Scirocco the 16v I-4 is in G and the 8v is in H. The common theme seems to be 2 door, 4 seats, 2 wheel drive, I4 and V6 engines. I assume track, wheelbase and power to weight is also in there as well. Though I'm not finding anything to back that up.

Sorry about that, I thought you were looking for the info regarding the classes and did not know where the riles were.... :P

KBroeker

--
    15 Jun 2009 11:34 AM
    I guess I need to proof read my posts. I said "classify cats" instead of cars LOL.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner