Stock Classification Question
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
VerizonGuy

--
13 Jun 2009 10:35 PM

Does anybody know where I can find documentation on the criteria of deferances between all of the stock catagories? For example what makes a car fall into H compared to G?

Thanks!

OneEyeMedia

--
    13 Jun 2009 11:37 PM

Complete 2009 Rule book in pdf

http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo_..._Rules.pdf

Looks like page 22 start into car details, hope that helps.

VerizonGuy

--
    13 Jun 2009 11:59 PM

I looked there earlier but didn't find anything. I suppose a good example of what I'm looking for would be in G where my car is classed at. What technical specifications or perameters allow these cars to run in the same class.

The BMW 318i I-4 RWD, the VW Corrado both V6 and the supercharged I-4 FWD, but with the Scirocco the 16v I-4 is in G and the 8v is in H. The common theme seems to be 2 door, 4 seats, 2 wheel drive, I4 and V6 engines. I assume track, wheelbase and power to weight is also in there as well. Though I'm not finding anything to back that up.

KBroeker

--
    14 Jun 2009 10:46 AM
    This is a very complex issue. All cars need to be classed and sometimes there are dominant vehicles within a class (your class is mostly domnatd by the Cooper S, although recent Celicas do well also). Some clases make sense from purely a perfromance and market sense (Super Stock comes to mind; the Z06 was dominant for years, but the Elise/Exige and Prosche GT3 are leaving a mark as well). Sometimes configuration makes sense (FS = V8 "pony cars"). Most of the times it is a combination of issues, but the goal of the Solo Events Board is to classify cats in groups that perorm similarly. Sometimes whe a platform is updated, there is the delema of is new generation belongs where old generation was. Aslo, sometimes a new vehicle is "mis-classed" and after a year is re classified. Furthermore, there is sometimes a complete re-look as there was a few years ago.
    OneEyeMedia

--
    14 Jun 2009 11:10 AM
    VerizonGuy wrote:

I looked there earlier but didn't find anything. I suppose a good example of what I'm looking for would be in G where my car is classed at. What technical specifications or perameters allow these cars to run in the same class.

The BMW 318i I-4 RWD, the VW Corrado both V6 and the supercharged I-4 FWD, but with the Scirocco the 16v I-4 is in G and the 8v is in H. The common theme seems to be 2 door, 4 seats, 2 wheel drive, I4 and V6 engines. I assume track, wheelbase and power to weight is also in there as well. Though I'm not finding anything to back that up.

Sorry about that, I thought you were looking for the info regarding the classes and did not know where the riles were.... :P

KBroeker

--
    15 Jun 2009 11:34 AM
    I guess I need to proof read my posts. I said "classify cats" instead of cars LOL.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner