Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ZOK
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Jun 2009 10:57 PM

On a trip to Colo. this past week, I was able to take a side detour and look at the new High Plains Raceway, east of Denver. The track itself will quickly become a favorite with drivers as it has the same characteristics as the other "favored" tracks.......combo of fast and slow corners, long straights, up and down hill and some blind corners. I predict it will soon be revered like Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Mid Ohio, Road America, Watkins Glen and other great US tracks. There are several videos on you tube for anyone who wants to see it.

On the down side, almost daily rains and limited drainage have kept spots on the track damp, with the worst being a puddle across the the entire width of the back straight......the cars running a test & tune yesterday chose to just hydroplane thru it; don't know how well that will work in race conditions, not to mention how dirty the cars get. The other big issue at the moment is the erosion at edge of track......a dropped wheel could cost you the suspension on that corner. On the minor issues side, there is very little infrastructure near the track......a motel, 2 restaurants, & a gas station 17 miles away. There are some motor home spaces with electricity and the paddock is a combo of paved roads and crushed asphalt.

Access from our region is actually easier than Second Creek/Stapleton ever were...don't have to go thru Denver and only touch Southern tip of Colo. Springs- 645 miles to Elephant Butte. Exit I25 north at Academy, take Rte.24 northeast to I70west. Exit I70 at Deer Trail (do not need to go all way to Byers where motel, gas, etc. are), take Rte.217/Price Rd. north to Rte.36east(right), track is on left.

Hopefully on an upcoming trip to Seattle, I'll get a look at Miller Motorsports Park when passing thru the Salt Lake City area. Stan C

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner