0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Warren LeVeque

--
16 May 2011 10:26 AM
    Date: Mon, May 16, 2011 10:23 am
    Is it OK to resent Sunny Mondays after a cold rainy day of autocrossing at the Fort Rain Grissom autocross? Of all the heats mine was the least rainy--see how desparate I am-- and all but the last of the 5 runs actually had some decent grip. Lookin around at my heat I realized that I was in the "large" car heat; was that just a coincidence? I told my wife that I was just going for the visiting anyway and that turned out to be mostly true. One of my Ft Wayne friends-Scott Woosley was moving to Missouri quite soon. Some of my friends wiped my Lexan windshield at the start of my runs. Wipers and Rainex don't work on plastic. I will never have a plastic winsheld again. Some of my friends seemed to forget that they had windshield wipers. The course was familiar by the big sweeper on the south(prison) end and there was a clockwise sweeper on the north end that is taken correctly led into a chicane that could be taken as a straight if you aimed just right. This was followed my a challenging slalom which I made cleanly, if slowly. Scott Lewis in the ":purple pylon eater" tube frame Camaro trounced me. Scott played the game exactly right--he had one clean run. I, embarassingly, only had one dirty run--should have been trying harder! Our lady CPer did not wimp out and made a gallant effort. My new experiment by quieting my turbo by a large expansion chamber right at the turbo exhaust outlet seemed to work and also picked up some boost response. I will take this old guy all day on this Sunny Monday to catch up--How about a rule where old 65+ geezers don't have to work? Now to get the Roadster out of monthballs now that the Stinger is mostly ready for the Corvair Olympics and the convention. Warren 
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner