Author Messages
WRX Mundi

--
23 Jun 2011 02:11 PM
scardeal wrote:
WRX Mundi wrote:
The MSM is already in BSP and has been for a while. [...]

I didn't realize that...

I didn't either until I started looking stuff up based on your post :)

I like the new SP proposal a lot, but Corey's post made me look up NT results and he does have a good point. Personally I'd rather see a new ST class for some of the currently-STless upper-BSP / lower-ASP cars to play (noting that I have a 996 so have a selfish reason to want it), and I'd also like to see tire/shock take-backs in Stock to reduce costs and make it a bit more "layman's term" stock. But those are hairy issues, and I also know the SAC / STAC / SPAC members have a lot of experience.

gavin
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
23 Jun 2011 10:30 PM
Corey Ridgick wrote:

At a time when almost every Street Prepared class struggles to get 5 cars to show up for a national event, I fail to see the logic in adding yet another class. I must be missing something.

Oh I figured it out, there are at least 20-30 competitors waiting to run cars that were buried in the old structure.

Yep, that was the bulk of my letter sent. Classic bad business move....whats the best thing to do when you have a flat economy and a limited consumer base? Make large expansions! Lets see...there was GP (granted, its on the move now...after LOTS of tweaking), the new AS (winning!), ST is adding what...another 3-4classes(or whatever) on top of STR. And so SP wants to add another class?

Where hell are all those people to fill those classes going to come from???

Gavin

mwood
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
23 Jun 2011 10:42 PM
gavin wrote:
Corey Ridgick wrote:

At a time when almost every Street Prepared class struggles to get 5 cars to show up for a national event, I fail to see the logic in adding yet another class.  I must be missing something.

Oh I figured it out, there are at least 20-30 competitors waiting to run cars that were buried in the old structure.

Yep, that was the bulk of my letter sent. Classic bad business move....whats the best thing to do when you have a flat economy and a limited consumer base? Make large expansions! Lets see...there was GP (granted, its on the move now...after LOTS of tweaking), the new AS (winning!), ST is adding what...another 3-4classes(or whatever) on top of STR. And so SP wants to add another class?

Where hell are all those people to fill those classes going to come from???

Gavin

Where are they going to come from? Stock. I read it on the internetz :-p
DrJones_CMR
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
24 Jun 2011 07:53 AM
WRX Mundi wrote:
The MSM is already in BSP and has been for a while. It hasn't been dominating from what I see. The MSM bit isn't changing anything from today: it still competes against the S2000, RX-8, and Corvettes. They, and the other cars left in BSP, no longer have to compete against the Evos and Solstices . I suspect the Corvettes and M3s are the big winners, not the Miatas.

Hey don't lump us with those hoolagins!
skeeler

--
26 Jul 2011 01:13 PM

Gavin,

ST is only considering adding a single class. And if any category has room for new classes, it's ST.

DrJones_CMR
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
27 Jul 2011 06:33 AM
snaponbob wrote:
DrJones_CMR wrote:
Hey guys you forgot about me!
It's like the BSP rapture happend and I was left behind!
:P

Andy "fixed" THAT, didn't he?

Nothings "fixed" until after nationals!

I'm assuming you're refering to the Lincoln Tour? Where we ran against 1 ill Evo with vertigo...

snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
27 Jul 2011 10:02 AM
And your Pro event !!!! Course and weather dependent, the playing field seems to be getting more level. Streak isn't "cackling" any more, no more fuses blowing, and as long as I have more than 1/3 tank of fuel 7000 rpm is there all the time. Wish I could drive like you and Andy !!!!!
96SM2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 Jul 2011 12:32 PM
DrJones_CMR wrote:
snaponbob wrote:
DrJones_CMR wrote:
Hey guys you forgot about me!
It's like the BSP rapture happend and I was left behind!
:P

Andy "fixed" THAT, didn't he?

Nothings "fixed" until after nationals!

I'm assuming you're refering to the Lincoln Tour? Where we ran against 1 ill Evo with vertigo...

Agreed on the event in late August is what matters and here is to everyone in BSP driving well. And Bob's car wasn't at full song either in Lincoln so we are comparing 2 sick cars with those results.

DrJones_CMR
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
29 Jul 2011 06:37 AM
96SM2 wrote:

Agreed on the event in late August is what matters and here is to everyone in BSP driving well. And Bob's car wasn't at full song either in Lincoln so we are comparing 2 sick cars with those results.

True, that just means I have a lot more work to do before then!

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner