OK, what would you do?
2004 Elantra, 64k miles on it - manual trans mission.
The engine has had an annoying ticking sound for the past month. I have done several methods and tips from racer friends and forum friends. From what I have discovered, it has not changed the out come and from what I think, the sound is getting worse to where it almost sounds like a knock. But I have not had it taken to a pro for their advise...$75-$95 hour is rather expensive for my taste.
1. buy an used engine and install it myself with friends (if they come)
2. buy new engine, with same above install
3. run it till it explodes
4. making $225 month payment on it, have 6k left on loan...would not get more than 1l probably, since it is outfitted for racing. Take and trade it in for something else (wont have a $225 payment though!)
5. attach TNT to the car
6. higher stripper and take it on a rally course
7. the above one wont happen
so, yeah...probably a stupid thread...but I was looking for ideas.
What I have tried:
1. oil cleaner kit
2. two more oil changes
3. pulled valve cover and check bolt tightness on cams and other seen bolts
4. sprayed cleaner on cams and springs, etc seen parts with valve cover off
5. new spark plugs
6. get back to you if I can remember more
Thanks for your help in advance,