Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
01 Jun 2011 04:40 AM

Are all of the autocrosses held at Cohen Stadium? What kind of surface is that?

Thanks,
    Rick Ruth

CSP 98

--
    01 Jun 2011 11:05 AM

Rick,

All of our solo events are held at Cohen Stadium... we lost the use of the old Fort Bliss Army Air Force Base site back in 2001. The Army airbase offered a huge expanse of smooth, not abrasive grippy concrete.

The Cohen Stadium site offers a smooth, high grip (a bit abrasive) asphalt surface. Our courses are usually 9/10ths to one-mile in length and generally over sixty seconds (for the very quick vehicles) in duration. The great thing about this surface is that it doesn't marble up.

Check out my "in-car" video of the Saturday 4/30/11 Fast Five solo course at Youtube.com entitled: 2011 Pan am SCCA Fast Five, Day 1 ( I am sorry that I don't know how to create a direct link to it. ) Saturday was the "fast" course.

Day 2 featured a very technical driver's course. I am a truly disappointed that I didn't have the in-car camera to record Sunday''s course.

Luis

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Aug 2011 05:19 AM

Thanks, Luis. Sorry for the late response. Sure looks like you've got your car turning well.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner