Holy *** what happened to my ITA car?
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
spinnetti

--
22 Jun 2011 07:26 AM

So I've been out of SCCA for a bit (but not out of road racing) and I come back to find my ITA Corolla is now an ITB car carrying over 200 freaking pounds of ballast. WTF? I'm probably the last guy running this car and can't believe this! I'd rather lose in ITA than spend another $2000 in wheels and tires and carry around 220 more lbs. Can I still run ITA or is it this or nothing? If I have to run ITB, Looks like I'm done.

JSirota

--
    22 Jun 2011 01:09 PM
    I'm not sure how long you've been away from IT but it's had a big renaissance in the last few years. There's an attempt to equalize the classes and give everyone a fair shake. As a result, some cars got weight adjustments and some cars moved down a class when it seemed like they could never reach a competitive weight in their existing class. The classes and weight assignments in the past bore little resemblance to competitive potential. In many cases they were simply assigned weights based on published curb weight.

If you still want to run ITA, or wish to run ITB with 7" wheels, talk to your local competitors. Maybe they'll look the other way. But technically, it wouldn't be legal to do either thing.

There is almost zero IT talk on this forum. If you want to vent about it, I'd highly recommend giving the forums at www.improvedtouring.com a try.
    spinnetti

--
    22 Jun 2011 08:47 PM

Jake,

Thanks for your measured response.

lateapex911

--
    11 Sep 2011 12:54 AM
    Spin, Ummm, ok. WHICH response though? LOL
    BlackFireACR

--
    08 Mar 2012 11:32 PM
    Jake, Josh, same difference... :p
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner