1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
OneEyeMedia

--
29 Jul 2009 11:22 AM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Michael Schumacher will again drive for Ferrari after two and a half years in retirement. (LAT PHOTOGRAPHIC)
    The Legend Returns: Schumacher back in Formula One as Massa's replacement
    07/29/09, 1:58 pm et
    After several days of speculation, Ferrari announced on Wednesday that seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher will indeed replace the injured Felipe Massa in next month's European Grand Prix in Valencia, Spain.
    An announcement on Ferrari's Web site said that Schumacher, 40, will begin training immediately to make sure he is in shape for his comeback and that he is ready to go. Schumacher suffered some injuries during the winter after crashing a racing motorcycle, and the team needs to be sure he is fit. Regardless, the news comes as a strange contradiction to what the 40-year-old German's manager, Willi Weber, told the Daily Mail in comments published Tuesday. Webber said that he was "200 percent" sure that Schumacher would not fill the vacant seat. However,...
    KBroeker

--
    30 Jul 2009 07:13 PM

It's twue, it's twue! (Tribute to Lily Von Schtup) http://www.formula1.com/news/headli.../9703.html

Actually,I think it will be interesting. He has not been in an F1 car in three years (I think) and not since the elimination of TC and mods to the wing rules which limit downforce quite a bit. I also think he had a motorcycle injury (his current "hobby") recently that may bring his fitness into question.

I saw the wreck with Felipe (spring to the head, ouch!) in Q2 in Hungary, but I did not see press afterward (just looked at some "trash media" coverage from UK; it is not pretty). I guess he is out for the season? I hope he recovers well and I hope to see him back in an F1 car in the future.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner