Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 23 Oct 2011 12:09 AM by  MNbiker
IE 8 Problem
 28 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Terry Hanushek
Basic Member
Basic Member
Posts:172


--
27 Jul 2011 10:22 PM

    I am having major problems accessing the site with IE 8 (four different computers, two different ISP's)

    Virtually every page I select I get the message "Tab Recovered ..... A problem with this web page caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab". When this happens, the content of the page briefly goes blank (headers remain, body shows SCCAForums wallpaper). Occasionally I get thrown out of the site with the message "We were unable to return you to SCCAForums.com". The net effect is the the site is unusable in Internet Explorer.

    The site is working with Firefox 3.6.18 which I am using now to report this problem.

    Thanks for your help

    Terry

    chrishost
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:40


    --
    27 Jul 2011 10:56 PM
    I've asked in the other threads, do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash?
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1147


    --
    27 Jul 2011 11:18 PM
    I had the exact same problem with IE8 and the current version of Flash......switched to Chrome........
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:3652


    --
    27 Jul 2011 11:33 PM
    Those of you with IE8 issues, I've made some changes to the Forums page (won't be visible) but I am hoping they fix the issues.

    Please try the page again and let me know.

    If not, please let me know the following.

    1) What Version of IE8 you are on (go to Help, About Internet Explorer and look at the Version number, mine is 8.0.7600.16385 and I have been unable to recreated any crashing issues)
    2) What virus scan software you are using
    3) What "plugins" you have in IE8, Google Toolbar, other toolbars?

    Terry Hanushek
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:172


    --
    28 Jul 2011 01:27 AM
    Chris

    I ran Windows Update to get the latest updates, rebooted my computer and returned to SCCA Forums in Internet Explorer 8. The problems still exists for me.

    Operating System: Win XP SP3, all updates applied

    Browser: Internet Explorer 8, ver 8.0.6001.18702

    Flash: Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin ver 10.1.85.3

    AV: Nod32 from ESET

    Toolbars: None

    Thanks for your hekp

    Terry

    This posted submitted from Firefox 3.6.18

    Terry Hanushek
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:172


    --
    01 Aug 2011 09:50 PM
    I'm still encountering this problem
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:3652


    --
    01 Aug 2011 11:44 PM
    Unfortunately I am at a loss for what is causing this.

    We're going to do a minor revamp of the look and feel, along with some much requested features, in the fall. Hopefully this will address the issue. Unfortunately it is still something I've been unable to recreate.
    rjohnson999
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:178


    --
    01 Aug 2011 11:50 PM
    You're more than a little behind on your Firefox versions. Current is 5.0. And why are you still running IE?
    Terry Hanushek wrote:
    This posted submitted from Firefox 3.6.18

    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1660


    --
    02 Aug 2011 05:27 PM
    rjohnson999 wrote:
    You're more than a little behind on your Firefox versions. Current is 5.0. And why are you still running IE?
    Terry Hanushek wrote:
    This posted submitted from Firefox 3.6.18

    Oh wise one, not everyone:

    a) Likes firefox

    b) Likes Chrome

    c) Uses IE because it is STILL the industry standard widely accepted and the one 1 gazzilion other sites develop to work just fine.

    d) Are on work computers that are locked down that we can't use a) or b) as much as we may like.

    That being said doesn't work on IE 8: 8.0.6001.18702C0 either, nor whatever previous update/version I was on...

    Frustrating and this IS the only site I have ever seen this happen on. Same with the ad blocking that still occurs and as mentioned before the entire site is worthless on iPads (I actually considered buying 1 just to send to you so you can see how bad the site is Chris) if you actually would fix it. I don't know what forum software this is or why it is in use, but by far the worst I have ever seen :)

    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:3652


    --
    02 Aug 2011 05:52 PM
    If you guys are still getting Ads blocking the forum postings, than something else is up. Your cache needs cleared. I changed the layout for the page, so it is next to impossible for the ads to overlap the content of the forum post anymore.

    As for the Ipad, I'll be down in Orange County next week, tell me where to go, I'll come pick it up ;)

    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2522


    --
    02 Aug 2011 06:06 PM
    Chris, the ad blocking only happens to me on certain threads and not every time I view the thread. And it happens on a Mac using Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome latest versions. At work it, happens on a Windows box using IE 6 (yes, the US intelligence agencies are on the cutting edge of tech), and Firefox. Ad blocking also occurs on my iPad. Unlike twin_turboRX7's iPad experience, this site works well on my iPad other than the occasional ad blocking.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:3652


    --
    02 Aug 2011 06:13 PM
    Next time you see it on a specific URL, please copy the URL and post it here so I can try to reproduce.
    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1660


    --
    02 Aug 2011 09:05 PM
    Lynn wrote:
    Chris, the ad blocking only happens to me on certain threads and not every time I view the thread. And it happens on a Mac using Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome latest versions. At work it, happens on a Windows box using IE 6 (yes, the US intelligence agencies are on the cutting edge of tech), and Firefox. Ad blocking also occurs on my iPad. Unlike twin_turboRX7's iPad experience, this site works well on my iPad other than the occasional ad blocking.

     

    iPad 1 or 2? For one all the buttons for next thread, page etc are wayyyy to small and also if you quote a large post by someone you cannot "scroll down" in the box to respond. Same if you edit your own post.
    rjohnson999
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:178


    --
    02 Aug 2011 10:44 PM
    Given that level of inflexibility, I'd start working on YOUR network support operation to get the problem straightened out.
    twin_turborx7 wrote:
    Oh wise one, not everyone:

    a) Likes firefox

    b) Likes Chrome

    c) Uses IE because it is STILL the industry standard widely accepted and the one 1 gazzilion other sites develop to work just fine.

    d) Are on work computers that are locked down that we can't use a) or b) as much as we may like.

    That being said doesn't work on IE 8: 8.0.6001.18702C0 either, nor whatever previous update/version I was on...

    Frustrating and this IS the only site I have ever seen this happen on. Same with the ad blocking that still occurs and as mentioned before the entire site is worthless on iPads (I actually considered buying 1 just to send to you so you can see how bad the site is Chris) if you actually would fix it. I don't know what forum software this is or why it is in use, but by far the worst I have ever seen :)

    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2522


    --
    03 Aug 2011 12:12 AM
    twin_turborx7 wrote:
    Lynn wrote:
    Chris, the ad blocking only happens to me on certain threads and not every time I view the thread. And it happens on a Mac using Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome latest versions. At work it, happens on a Windows box using IE 6 (yes, the US intelligence agencies are on the cutting edge of tech), and Firefox. Ad blocking also occurs on my iPad. Unlike twin_turboRX7's iPad experience, this site works well on my iPad other than the occasional ad blocking.

    iPad 1 or 2? For one all the buttons for next thread, page etc are wayyyy to small and also if you quote a large post by someone you cannot "scroll down" in the box to respond. Same if you edit your own post.

    Its an iPad 1. I agree that the buttons are very small, but using it landscape helps a bit. I also have a stylus, but usually forget to bring it with me. I haven't had any problem with scrolling to the bottom of long threads.

    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1660


    --
    03 Aug 2011 11:09 AM
    rjohnson999 wrote:
    Given that level of inflexibility, I'd start working on YOUR network support operation to get the problem straightened out.
    twin_turborx7 wrote:
    Oh wise one, not everyone:

    a) Likes firefox

    b) Likes Chrome

    c) Uses IE because it is STILL the industry standard widely accepted and the one 1 gazzilion other sites develop to work just fine.

    d) Are on work computers that are locked down that we can't use a) or b) as much as we may like.

    That being said doesn't work on IE 8: 8.0.6001.18702C0 either, nor whatever previous update/version I was on...

    Frustrating and this IS the only site I have ever seen this happen on. Same with the ad blocking that still occurs and as mentioned before the entire site is worthless on iPads (I actually considered buying 1 just to send to you so you can see how bad the site is Chris) if you actually would fix it. I don't know what forum software this is or why it is in use, but by far the worst I have ever seen :)

    You really are smart. Easy to do in a tens of thousands of exployee company and why would network support fix it (you really are smart) and better yet why would they try to fix this site instead of the site being fixed? That makes a lot of sense - carry on attacking someone else in another thread (you are good at that).

    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1660


    --
    03 Aug 2011 11:11 AM
    Lynn wrote:
    twin_turborx7 wrote:
    Lynn wrote:
    Chris, the ad blocking only happens to me on certain threads and not every time I view the thread. And it happens on a Mac using Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome latest versions. At work it, happens on a Windows box using IE 6 (yes, the US intelligence agencies are on the cutting edge of tech), and Firefox. Ad blocking also occurs on my iPad. Unlike twin_turboRX7's iPad experience, this site works well on my iPad other than the occasional ad blocking.

    iPad 1 or 2? For one all the buttons for next thread, page etc are wayyyy to small and also if you quote a large post by someone you cannot "scroll down" in the box to respond. Same if you edit your own post.

    Its an iPad 1. I agree that the buttons are very small, but using it landscape helps a bit. I also have a stylus, but usually forget to bring it with me. I haven't had any problem with scrolling to the bottom of long threads.

    I don't mean a thread while reading, those work. But on a reply with quote with a lot of text in it (maybe like this one is now that it is big) I cannot scroll up or down within the reply box when there is a lot of text (can't get to the bottom of all the text to respond).

    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:3652


    --
    03 Aug 2011 12:53 PM

    Alright, replies should now use the same "layout" as the forums themselves, which should address the banner overlap issue.

    twin_turborx7
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1660


    --
    03 Aug 2011 02:29 PM
    Chris Hammond wrote:

    Alright, replies should now use the same "layout" as the forums themselves, which should address the banner overlap issue.

    Thanks! 1 down ;)

    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:3652


    --
    03 Aug 2011 03:05 PM
    The paging buttons are now bigger
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>


    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

    Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

    SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

    Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank



    Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner