Help needed to identify car
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ohmdr

--
01 Aug 2011 10:16 PM

Hello, I'm new to the SCCA forum and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question.

I was trying to find a section that had information/discussions on race cars from the 1950s, but didn't find anything, so I thought I would start with the Central Division since the car came from Michigan.

Back in late 2008 I purchased a fiberglass bodied car with a 1951 Kaiser Henry J chassis and engine (161 CID Kaiser Supersonic/Willys L-Head). The original owner was ran a Tool & Die shop in Detroit. The car (at minimum the Henry J portion) was purchased in July 1954 from the Kaiser (Willow Run/Ypsilanti, MI) factory. I have the paperwork for that. The car sat in the back of the shop until he passed in August 1999, but was never finished. There are some who believe the car is a factory prototype, others believe it is something else, and some believe the intent was to build this into a race car (SCCA).

www.forgottenfiberglass.com/?p=837

My goal isn't to prove that the car is/isn't a factory prototype, but to identify who designed it and what the intended purpose was. If I can do that, I would like to finish building the car as it was intended/envisioned.

Please read this link and provide thoughts, feedback, etc.

If you have an SCCA car from the 1950s, and have photos of the chassis, dash, etc. I would love to see them. No matter how the car is built, they will be very helpful in making sure that I design and build the car in a period correct manner.

Thank you.

John Darren Swanson

snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 Aug 2011 10:57 PM
    As silly as this might sound, you might want to contact Barrett-Jackson and send them some pictures via e-mail.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner