Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234
Author Messages
Andy Hollis

--
22 Aug 2011 07:22 PM
porphyre wrote:
Andy Hollis wrote:This whole situation reminds me of a similar one back when the 94-97 Miata was being considered for E-Stock, to run alongside the 2nd gen MR2. Lots of naysayers and doom/gloom. Lots of exagerated "data" that was flawed/biased towards the source's opinion. In the end, lots of prognosticators had to eat their words as the two cars mixed well, though with obvious course dependencies. Well-prepped and driven versions of either could win on any given day.

--Andy

Umm, I think you need to take a look at the last few years' results and the 2011 Nationals entry list to get a handle on the accuracy of those prognostications. Chalk it up to development or course dependencies... your choice...

I have a very good "handle" on the situation, thank you very much. And that change was made more than just a couple of years ago, so you need to go back further to see the effects,

Notice that I said "well-prepped and well driven".

The current situation is heavily biased towards Miata due to a number of factors, most notably that Mazda pays contingency for both Pro and Tour, and also has a great parts support program. Toyota used to, but no longer does. Running a national effort takes money and given a choice, you choose what pays.

There hasn't been a well-prepped *and* well-driven MR2 since Carpenter. And he came and went on that one twice. Always a threat, as was the car's previous owner (Cashmore).

I used to run in that class and served on the SEB when the 1.8 Miata was added in, so I am well-informed. I stand by my comments.

--Andy

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner