RallyCross National Chamionship 2009 - Colorado
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Soloneon

--
09 Aug 2009 01:58 PM
    Still only 15 entrys? C'mon folks, time to get registered! This is a good solid site that'll hold up well no matter the weather, hard packed base covered in a thin layer of loose gravel, and there is plenty of sightseeing to be done near by, Pikes Peak silly close, you've always wanted to drive to the top right? With decent fuel prices this year there's no excuse not to make the trek out.
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Aug 2009 09:50 AM
    At 2 months out, 15 may not be too bad. I'll get mine in after this weekends qualifing event.
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Sep 2009 10:20 AM
    Well now things are getting close. There are only a few days left to register for the event at the lower entry fee. There are now 40 people signed up, but the vast majority are from that local area. This is the one event all the good drivers should be trying to make to make the "Championship" more meaningfull. So come on folks - get that registration in and we will see you in a couple of weeks!
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Sep 2009 08:53 AM
    Entry now up to 64, still short of expectations, mostly dominated by "locals", and lacking many past "Champions and competitors". I predict many new National Champions from Colorado this year. You CAN still enter though,,,,,,,
    SubaDrew

--
    06 Oct 2009 08:46 AM

do injectors and fuel pump really auto place me in Mod class? there's no mention anywhere in the rules about injectors. They're just larger due to running e85, i'm still stock turbo.

The argument would be that this is like changing carb parts on older cars "On carburetor equipped cars, jets, accelerator pumps, power valves, metering rods, vacuum secondary and metering springs may be replaced. Removal of choke plates, linkage and shafts is allowed. No machining allowed of any carb component."

I'm not planning to be very competitive in mod or prep class. Just seeking input.

TIA

wrchas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Oct 2009 12:49 PM

Yes you would be in Mod. It's a small step from Stock to Prepared and then a huge one to Modified. You happen to have made a modification that puts you all they way to Modified. Do you have to run E85? How do those injectors work for you if you run regular gasoline?

In Prepared, fuel injected cars get this mod:

6.2.D.9 Electronic engine controls may be modified or piggybacked, but not replaced.

You can also add a cold air intake:

6.2.D.5 The intake system upstream from the throttle body may be replaced with any material. Forced induction components cannot be changed or added (turbochargers, superchargers, intercoolers). Turbocharger boost regulation systems, either electronic or mechanical, may be modified or replaced.

Of course if you're turbocharged, you really like the above rules.

6.2.D.14 which you quoted was added last year. Prior to that addition, carburetor equipped cars had zero power adders. The current rule still gives relatively nothing as compared to what the turbocharged cars can do.

You're in CO. You should go regardless of what class you run in. RallyXing is all about having fun sliding the car around. You're already driving a Subaru so you've got a great platform to start with.

Soloneon

--
    13 Oct 2009 09:03 PM
    Event was really cold but a great time, 13 timed runs, 4 more for the night event, and a few more practice runs. All in all a great time, great courses, ran very smoothy, every heat ran quickly and efficiently, HUGE thanks to all involved in making it come together. Can't wait to hear the announcement for next year. TIme to go back to the garage and get to work!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner