AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 14 Sep 2011 08:06 PM by  fenter
Milwaukee Region Board Of Directors election - Vote for Rob!
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rob Bedelis

--
19 Aug 2011 04:09 PM

Attention Milwaukee Region members! As you may know, Milwaukee Region is currently holding elections for its Board Of Directors. I am campaigning as a candidate for the Board Of Directors.

Many of you who are Soloists and PDX participants know me. For those that may not know me, please review my Election Bio. My volunteer efforts for the club have been recognized locally and nationally with several service awards.

Rob “at speed” at March Of Dimes PDX – 2007 Rob (left) receiving 2010 Above & Beyond

award from 2009 recipient Mark Troemel

I have a passion for our club driven by an interest in making it more fun to be involved.

The region’s motto is "FAST FUN FOR EVERYONE". I want to keep that spirit going.

We need to get new people involved in the operation of the club. I may be new to board elections, but my talents have been recognized over the past six years.

Jeff Cashmore, 2010 Wuesthoff Award recipient, has commented on my efforts:

"Rob Bedelis has been an important part of our region’s Solo leadership for many years. As our equipment manager he's been involved in every single aspect of our sport. He was instrumental in designing the new Solo bus and went above and beyond when it came time to modify it. Rob has the required skill set, works well with others and is motivated to help make the region better than ever."

Please make sure you review the election materials, including candidate bios and voting information, which can be found at the Milwaukee Region home page:

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/

Voting is open until August 29th.

Voting is being administered electronically via MotorsportReg. If you do not already have an account at that site, you will first need to establish one. Here is a link to the voting page:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/survey/uidSurvey/925FF409-A642-0DB7-E5260FACECAE2A41

ROB BEDELIS – SCCA BIO

Started out in club racing as crew for two SSGT competitors (1993, 1994)

Became active in Solo in 2003

Earned Dean Rohde Solo Service Award in 2005

Instrumental in planning & implementation of new solo equipment bus (2009)

National Street Tire Challenge event chairman for Washington DC event July 2011

March Of Dimes Drive For Babies PDX at Road America – 2010 SCCA Time Trials Event Of TheYear: Event Planning Committee member and Volunteer since event inception in 2006

Earned inaugural Rich Shafer Time Trials Participant Of The Year Award (SCCA National

award) in 2010

Member of SCCA national PDX – Instructor Training workgroup 2007 - 2008

Developed instructor training curriculum for PDX instructors presented at 2008 SCCA

National Conference

Member of SCCA national Time Trials Safety Council (TTSC) since 2010 – current co-chair

Volunteer at all Street Survival events presented by Milwaukee Region to date

Earned Street Survival Above & Beyond Award in 2010

Recommended by:

Jeff Cashmore

Jason Frank

Kay Imig

Mike Machi

Tony Machi

Mark Troemel

Thanks to everyone for your support!

Rob Bedelis

--
    13 Sep 2011 10:53 PM

Well, the election results are in, and I am happy to announce that my candidacy was successful and I am now a member of the Milw SCCA BoD!

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT! Big Smile

Rob

cbailey
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Sep 2011 12:26 PM
    Congrats Rob! That's awesome! :)
    fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Sep 2011 08:06 PM
    Nice work Rob! Thanks for serving! :)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner