SPS 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 02 Sep 2009 12:28 PM by  CP Thunder
For Sale - 1984 Ford Mustang GT Race Car - SOLD!!!
 13 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mazda3

--
23 Aug 2009 05:48 PM

Up for sale I have my 1984 Ford Mustang GT Race Car. This car was built for autocross (Solo) and track days (HPDE). It has custom fender flares to help cover the 12” wide race tires and wheels. These were hand fabricated out of steel. Original fender parts were removed and stretched out about 4 inches. See pictures for more info. Fender Flares were custom fabricated by my friend John Poling. The hood is a Cervini’s Stormin’ Norman with dual hood scoops. The interior has been completely stripped out. A 12 point roll cage has been installed with additional supports for chassis stiffening (Built by Scott Lewis). The motor had about 65000 miles on it when I took it off the street and made it race only. It has a 302 block that has been bored .020 over, roller rockers, under drive pulley’s, air pump has been removed and dummy pulley installed, MSD ignition, and radiator over flow bottle are under hood. Horsepower was estimated around 350 Bhp. Electrical was my next project so all wiring has been removed from the vehicle. Before removing the wiring, the car started and ran great. Once an electrical system has been reinstalled, it will fire right up. I built a custom enclosure for the 8 gallon fuel cell in the rear of the car. There is an electric fuel pump and a filter on a custom plate near the fuel cell that can be removed for any service that has to be done. The car has upgraded 1989 Mustang GT stock front brake rotors. It also has an upgraded rear end. It is an 8.8 out of the same 1989 Mustang GT donor car with newer 3.55 gear set installed. It also has the Steeda 5 link rear suspension kit installed. Please feel free to give me a call to schedule a time to come and see this amazing car, or to ask me any questions about it. I'm asking $3500 or best offer. I do have a flat bed trailer available for an additional $1000.

Tom Miller – Ok to call 9am – 9pm - 260-918-4796

Here is a link to my PhotoBucket Photo Album with pictures of the car: http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/...omasm9910/

UPDATE: THE CAR HAS BEEN SOLD!!!! THE TRAILER IS ALSO GONE!!!

CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Aug 2009 11:46 AM
    Do you have pics of motor / interior / suspension?
    Mazda3

--
    25 Aug 2009 06:35 PM

Steve,

I don't currently, but I will take some tomorrow and upload them to PhotoBucket and let you know when they are posted. Thanks for looking!

CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Aug 2009 06:52 PM

My last build........yours is amazingly close.......am looking to 'possibly' start a new project ........this is the car after I sold it to a racer in PA. Its an NASA AIX car now.

SpeedTeacher

--
    25 Aug 2009 08:35 PM

I think this is a great deal! Tom has worked hard on that car and its been fun watching the transformation. The flares are pretty impressive. Great bodywork!

I love the wheels (my former wheels... lol!)

Todd J.

mavisky

--
    26 Aug 2009 07:17 AM

Tom, I forwarded this onto a group of enthusiasts down in Indy that include the guy who originally bought Todd's widebody as well. Hopefully it helps some.

Mazda3

--
    26 Aug 2009 03:08 PM

Steve,

I have uploaded additional shots of the interior / engine / suspension to the photobucket link. I also uploaded all of the fender flare project photo's as well. Sorry they are not in order, but you can follow the project as it happened. We started on the right side, then did the left, then did the front fenders last. If you look closely at the fenders from the side view, they look quite stock. The friend that did them, wanted to make them appear as if we put a piece of dyamite in the car, exploded it, and the steel stretched out into the position they are in now. We kept the body line that goes across the top of the fender, and we also kept the stock fender lip, and just reattached it to the 4" extension. A ton of work was done on these fenders, but it turned out great!

The reason I am selling this is because I will be moving to Florida this fall. I will most likely be renting a house for the first year and will not have room for this anymore. 3 car garages are harder to come by down there. My dream is to also own a Z06 Corvette to autocross. Make me an offer on the car. No reasonable offer will be refused!

Todd and Kyle,

Thanks for the kind words and assistance with selling my car. I do appreciate it.

CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Aug 2009 04:19 PM

I have cross linked this on the Nebraska Region page as I think there could be interest there too. Am trying to figure out how to justify starting another project.........when are you leaving for Florida? Does this car fit on your trailer without removing the wheels or trailer fenders?

Speaking of your 'dream' car......here is what I get to autocross just about anytime I want. I crew for this T1 race car..........

SCCAForums Image

Mazda3

--
    26 Aug 2009 04:56 PM

Right car, wrong color, but who cares when you get to drive it, right?? I have co-driven with Jerry Strope in Fort Wayne Region twice in his Black 2004 Z06. Truely an awesome car!!!

I start my new job on Monday, October 5th. My last day in Fort Wayne will be Thursday, October 1st. My wife will remain in Fort Wayne until the house sells. If not sold before I leave, I will be storing the car in my mother-in-laws garage, which is also located in Fort Wayne. I would like to have it sold before I leave, but if not possible, I have friends in town that can assist me with the sale. The guy who did the fenders lives somewhat close and could assist me with this. Where are you located? Do you want to come and see the car?

Yes, the car does fit on the trailer without any modifications to the trailer or the car. The car sits low, so I made some wooden ramp extensions to drive it on, and they work fine, just getting worn out.

I do appreciate you linking this to the Nebraska Region page. The more coverage I get the better.

CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Aug 2009 05:05 PM

I am in Omaha......am sure you know Grayden Obenour? He knows me........he knows my old car and the cool story behind it. Read it here....... http://cp.carlc.com/modules/content....php?id=15 and pics here..... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/members/cp-thunderalbumsmy-old-cp-autox-car.html

I may be shooting myself in the foot by posting it up for you. I would love to pick up your project where you have left off........just have to figure out a way to pay for it. That car has ME written all over it........

You could store it HERE too!!! I would gladly keep her for ya!!

Mazda3

--
    26 Aug 2009 05:26 PM
    That Mustang sure was/is nice! Looks like you did everything right on that car. Yes I know the Obenours. Have know them for many years. Wish I had the money and space to finish mine. My problem is that I got to a point where what needed to be done to the car, I did not have the skills to do it, and no money to pay anyone else to do it either. It has sat for the past year and a half waiting for me to either suck it up and try to finish it, or sell it. Now that I am moving, selling it is my only option. My dream was to paint it black, and paint the mesh part of the wheels black as well, with a highly polished lip on the wheels. Thought that would look awesome! Well, let me know if you come up with some cash and are still interested in buying it. Like I said, if it does not sell, I will store it for a while, and keep the ads posted, hoping to sell it soon!
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Aug 2009 06:49 PM

Chris just put a new motor in the old car........331 stroker with a single turbo..........500hp.......doesn't suck!!!

That car was hands down the best handling car I have ever driven. Bartworks double A-arm, 6 piston brakes, custom 3 link with coilovers and tubular control arms..........am sure he will be destroying AIX out in PA this year!!

If the car sells, let me know......if I come up with the 'extra' cash.....I will be calling for sure.

Mazda3

--
    02 Sep 2009 11:17 AM
    Thanks to everyone for your help and support with the selling of the Mustang. I got a solid offer this morning and I accepted it. The guy is from Nashville, TN and is coming next Tuesday, Sept 8th to pick up the car.
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Sep 2009 12:28 PM
    Congrats.......dang it.......
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner