Farewell to all of my Friends
 9 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mazda3

--
24 Aug 2009 05:50 PM
    As some of you already know, Becky and I have been looking for the past year and a half to move to Florida. Well, our dream is finally coming true! The company that I currently work for, Allscripts, is a software and connectivity provider for the medical industry. They write software for practice management and electronic health records. I am a Field Engineer and have serviced the needs of medical office clients in this area for them (South Bend, Elkhart, Fort Wayne, Coldwater Michigan, and Lima, Ohio) for the past 12 1/2 years. There are many other engineers like myself across the country, about 140 of us. The company has decided it will be going in a different direction and wants to focus on the core business which is software and connectitivity services, and has decided to take all of the field engineering staff and move their employment to a third party field engineering company called Decision One. Not all of the engineering staff would be getting an offer to move over to this new company, so I was a little bit worried about my job. Even though I received an offer, I declined due to the fact that I knew that I would not like the new job. I had interviewed with a company in Jacksonville, FL last January and was hired, but turned the job down due to other circumstances. Once I found out about this transition our company was making, I contacted this other company and wanted to see if I still had an opportunity with them. They welcomed me with open arms and are being very accomidating to my needs. This past weekend I accepted their offer and will be starting my new job on Monday, October 5th. My uncle lives in the Jacksonville area and I will be living with him until our house here in Fort Wayne sells. Becky will then quit her job, we will then move down to Jacksonville and find a place to rent for a while, then settle in and buy a house eventually. We are excited and scared about all of the big changes coming our way in the next few months. I plan on coming to the September board meeting to say goodbye to all of my friends. Plan on attending if you can, I would like to see everybody one last time if possible. It has been a pleasure knowing all of you over the past 10 years, and you will be missed!
    Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Aug 2009 06:15 PM
    Best wishes Tom, you have been very instrumental in the club since I've been participating. Enjoy the 65-70' winters... and just remember the Colts rule the Jaguars
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Aug 2009 06:22 PM
    Congratulations on the new job! I ran a National Tour in Jacksonville in 1998...lots of nice autocross folks down there. Be sure to look up Chuck & Jeanette Sample...they live in central Florida.
    SpeedTeacher

--
    24 Aug 2009 08:06 PM

Adios Mi Amigo!

I know Florida has always been close to your heart. Maybe you can run an RPM franchise down in Florida!

Good luck and stay in touch.

Todd J.

OneEyeMedia

--
    24 Aug 2009 08:23 PM

As I have told you before in our previous chats, you are a very strong individual and I am sure you will get settled in very nicely down there. You were one HELL of a leader up here and Florida will be very lucky to have such a strong individual like yourself.

Once you get settled in, hit me up with an address, maybe when money is not being used to fix a slanted H, Betty, Ryan, and I can make a trip and hang out for a weekend!

Take care good friend, you will be missed!

Cheers,

Jason

KBroeker

--
    25 Aug 2009 05:19 AM

Tom-

Best wishes for you and Becky. Tell her to get her mouse ears ready as Orlando is just over a 2 hour drive from Jacksonville!

I have enjoyed the times we spent together and am glad that this opportunity is there for you.

Regards,

CSP137

--
    25 Aug 2009 01:40 PM

Tom,

Congrats on the new job. [:D] We're sure going to miss you in Fort Wayne Region!!![:'(]

Steve

smitch

--
    26 Aug 2009 03:43 PM

You'll be missed for sure. Your year of Solo directer was one of my favorite years of autoxing.

Thank you.

Chris

FTW_FRC

--
    26 Aug 2009 05:17 PM

Tom,

Good luck with your new job. [Y]

Thank you for the help you have given me since I have become a member. Much appreciated my friend.

I am jealous, to say the least. No more Indiana winters for you. Did I say I was jealous?

I wish you and yours the best. I hope the new job is everything you hoped for and more.

Keep in touch with us. [Beer]

Mazda3

--
    26 Aug 2009 05:34 PM
    Hey Everybody, thanks so much for the kind words. Yes, no more Indiana winters, yeah!!! I will keep in touch. I am sure I will still drop in on the forums from time to time and see what is going on. My new region will be the Buccaneer Region. I am looking forward to meeting them and becoming part of their region.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner