You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
NYR Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Oct 2011 10:32 PM

Our final event for season points is this Saturday. Registration is now open online to help you and us speed up your morning. www.msreg.us/nyr2011-8 .

Onsite registration will close at 8:35 as usual.

All the usuals reminders, especially about bringing a broom if you have one!

Mike_L

--
    10 Oct 2011 10:44 PM
    Can't wait, this should be good
    02semiata
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Oct 2011 10:39 AM

Goodluck this weekend its a close battle for stock class.

LDR baby!!!

fourortwowheels
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Oct 2011 01:59 PM
    jeff is not going to make it easy on mike, thats for sure... another great battle is brewing in SP/SM with 2-5th seperated by 4 points its any1's game! not to mention the ladies and prepared/modified classes are deadlocked going in2 the last event!

good luck to all!

danny2747

--
    11 Oct 2011 11:31 PM
    I am praying for rain. But the forecast says sunny! Shucks! Nevermind, I'll be there to keep Mike and his R-comps buddies honest. Good luck Mike, but watch out, I am getting the hang of this 2! 2 much fun. See you Saturday.

Meantime I will be doing a rain dance every night. Rain, my great equalizer, hoping that you guys can't put any power down coming out of corners plus you'd have to run your street tires. Swimkhana, where are you?

Mike_L

--
    14 Oct 2011 09:56 AM
    No, tomorrow will not be easy at all. I'm only ahead of Jeff because I was at one more event than him.

Quit praying for rain, Danny! I'm praying for heat to keep my tires sticky!
    Sho Torii
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 02:40 PM

Hi guys! How bad is the Coliseum's surface, really? I heard that the top layer of the new pavement is loose and you guys are sweeping the surface every so often to keep the pebbles from the lines? It doesn't sound like a condition where SP/Prep/Mod cars can run. Do you think it will take a few years for the surface to get clean? What happened to the infamous bumps there? Did they smooth those out?

Sho

s1mpsons
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 03:36 PM
    Ditto^^^

I want to run the Hamfist Racing SSM RX7 tomorrow. Is that reckless.
    Sho Torii
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 03:40 PM
    s1mpsons wrote:
    Ditto^^^

I must say it is. Drive someone else's car. ;-) We are getting up at 3 am to travel to Devens tomorrow.

02semiata
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 05:49 PM
    s1mpsons wrote:
    Ditto^^^

Reckless if you want to go fast lol

s1mpsons
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 06:17 PM
    Sho Torii wrote:
    s1mpsons wrote:
    Ditto^^^

I must say it is. Drive someone else's car. ;-) We are getting up at 3 am to travel to Devens tomorrow.

Its that bad? You haven't even been there yet. Don't get me wrong, I love Devens, but your nuts! It's so far. Nassau is like 10 min from you house.

vreihen16

--
    14 Oct 2011 07:23 PM
    Sho Torii wrote:

Hi guys! How bad is the Coliseum's surface, really? I heard that the top layer of the new pavement is loose and you guys are sweeping the surface every so often to keep the pebbles from the lines? It doesn't sound like a condition where SP/Prep/Mod cars can run. Do you think it will take a few years for the surface to get clean? What happened to the infamous bumps there? Did they smooth those out?

Sho

I had to wipe about 5 pounds of pebbles off of my Hoosiers at the end of the day on 10/2. If Jim gave you a set of "dead" tires with your new ride, they might not have as big of a problem on a cooler day because they won't get up to temperature enough to hold stones like flypaper. The bumps are gone, and for the first time in ages you can actually see the slopes in the lot to provide drainage. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to run my Formula Vee there, but would run with a scrap helmet face shield to avoid possibly pitting up a good one from an off-line excursion.....

1tt1

--
    14 Oct 2011 08:23 PM
    Busted Dunlops...i guess i'm out for tomorrow! Unless somebody lets me co-drive! :P

Fritz
    Sho Torii
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 08:24 PM
    s1mpsons wrote:

Its that bad? You haven't even been there yet. Don't get me wrong, I love Devens, but your nuts! It's so far. Nassau is like 10 min from you house.

Not any more. I moved to NJ last year. Nassau Coliseum is now two bridges away.

Sho Torii
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 08:28 PM
    vreihen16 wrote:
    I had to wipe about 5 pounds of pebbles off of my Hoosiers at the end of the day on 10/2. If Jim gave you a set of "dead" tires with your new ride, they might not have as big of a problem on a cooler day because they won't get up to temperature enough to hold stones like flypaper. The bumps are gone, and for the first time in ages you can actually see the slopes in the lot to provide drainage. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to run my Formula Vee there, but would run with a scrap helmet face shield to avoid possibly pitting up a good one from an off-line excursion.....

And spare body panels!! Thanks Arthur for your input. That's what I wanted to hear. It sounds like the site will be pretty good once the loose pebbles are all cleaned off.

NYR Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2011 10:31 PM
    GJ, Randy, and Tom have all been on the surface in Randy's SS GT3 right off the trailer.

As for the surface, I believe its just the top 1/8 -1/4 inch that must wear off and the rest of the asphalt underneath it that had time to cure for a few weeks will be good. So its the marbles from the top that I continue to ask for people to bring brooms so the debris that gets loosen can be removed throughout the day.

By the end of the day, there is a surface that some grip can be achieved on. Until then, its a disciplined drive. Sort of like a wet event. If it was hail on the ground... I would grab the STi, Jake.

And the seams are gone.

Sho, Why not head down to SJR and Bader instead of Devens?

02semiata
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Oct 2011 12:52 AM
    1tt1 wrote:
    Busted Dunlops...i guess i'm out for tomorrow! Unless somebody lets me co-drive! :P

Fritz

Sorry to hear that. Feel free to hop in my Miata with vaskin. I am sure you can return the favor to me next season hehe

cc gti

--
    15 Oct 2011 09:30 PM
    Great job today everyone! We made it, wind, novices, Coliseum staff, Rangers fans, we can handle it all. Thank to those that stepped up and went above and beyond. Happy season from your favorite bridesmaid.
    fourortwowheels
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Oct 2011 12:43 AM
    LMAO! def a great event, too bad the rangers lost...

thanks to every1 who helped, volunteered or just plain ole drove - cyas next year!
    02semiata
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Oct 2011 08:19 AM
    Another fun SCCA event. Thanks evojoe for letting me codrive it was a lot of fun having all that power on tap.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner