4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rob Bedelis

--
18 Oct 2011 02:33 PM

SCCA members and FELLOW GEAR HEADS:

Some time ago I had the idea to form an organizing group within SCCA Milwaukee Region that would focus on organizing non-racing track events.

These are, like Drive for Babies, called Performance Driving Experience (PDX) events. There also competitive events known as Club Trials and Track Trials.

The time has come to get things organized for 2012. We need to develop a group of people who would like to put on several events in 2012.

Rob Bedelis and myself, along with Justin Gaver are holding an organizational meeting to test interest and begin the process of putting on a series events at the race tracks in our area.

Many of you have been involved with Drive For Babies or have expressed an interest in expanding this type of activity.

Join us at the Italian Community Center on October 20th at 6:30 to talk cars, bench race and have some pizza to get the 2012 season started.

TIME TRIALS COMMITTEE

MEETING: THURSDAY

OCTOBER 20, 2011

6:30 PM

ITALIAN COMMUNITY CENTER

633 E. CHICAGO ST. MILWAUKEE
    Boris2

--
    27 Oct 2011 10:13 AM

Rob/Tony,

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting on the 20th. I would be interested in hearing how things went.

Rich

Rob Bedelis

--
    03 Nov 2011 11:45 AM

Hey Rich,

We had a nice diverse group of attendees – some road racers, autocrossers, and track day fanatics. We all concluded that there is a definite interest within the “local community” including many non-SCCA people. A big key will be to get the word out. I think by getting started this early, we have a much better opportunity for success.

We discussed goals for how many events we would like to put on for next year: full day event at Milw Mile, co-event with WI Grand Prix club race at Milw Mile (like we did this past August), full day event at Blackhawk Farms (joint event with Chicago SCCA), and possibly another day at Road America in addition to the March Of Dimes event. These events would be SCCA sanctioned & insured, so we would be following SCCA safety regulations for these events.

Ambitious? Yes! Fun? You bet!!! We’ll need lots of help to pull this off – that’s where you can make a big impact in the success of these events.

We have scheduled another meeting for Thursday November 17th at the ICC @ 630PM. At that point we will discuss budgeting for the stand-alone full day event at Milw Mile, marketing efforts, web site development, etc. You and others reading this thread are certainly welcome to attend!

Rob

Ardie

--
    19 Jan 2012 01:18 PM

Hi from Left Coast. We are members of the San Francisco region and we saw the article in Sports Car about your Drive for Babies event. We would like to try an event like this. Can someone put me in touch with Tony Machi? My e-mail is ardieoji@yahoo.com and phone is 530-682-6095. Thanks for any help you can give us.

Ardie

cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Jan 2012 05:22 PM
    Email sent
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner