SPS 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 26 Oct 2011 04:38 PM by  gap
What is going on with the Website??????!!!!!
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
E30bulldog
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Oct 2011 11:45 PM

Who is moderating the MSSCCA website? The Memphis trackday was canceled and according to our "NEWS FEED" it's still on. There is also an event coming up soon and we need to promote it as much as we can. I don't want this to turn into the last Columbus event where 12 people show up.

I sent out an email to all board members and members at large with only a response from Skip and Taylor......

DJF1GP
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Oct 2011 01:09 PM
    I am. I've been out of town for over a week, anybody who wants to help with it feel free to step up. I called Skip from NYC to make sure we had a mass email out saying the event was cancelled b/c my phone email isn't working properly. I worked damn hard on that website and have had every result up the day after every event with points consistently updated. Everything is up to date except for the cancelled Memphis event, which was cancelled while i was 1200 miles away.

If anybody would like to promote an event - make a flyer - print it out - pass it out. If anyone would like to be an admin of our facebook page where you can post updates there let me know and i can add you. We have had all of our events this year promoted via mass email, facebook, and the website. The next event portion of the website is clearly shown and always up to date. We have doubled our facebook members this year, built an email database of 300+/- emails, and had event flyers out at local auto part stores / car shows.

Skip and I put in a ton of time and effort behind the scenes working on the Memphis PDX, admittedly the last Columbus event didn't get as much attention as it should have because it was during the time we were working on that. After talking to some people after that event I think the Columbus Day holiday hurt a lot with a lot of the base guys gone. The Memphis PDX ended up being cancelled and all that work was for nothing.

Forgive me if I sound mad, its probably just a little left over from this Memphis mess, we really had a lot of hard work go down the drain.

We do need to have a board meeting soon.

georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Oct 2011 02:32 PM
    All right guys.Enough said.Let's move on by becoming more constructive in our efforts.
    tgeorge
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Oct 2011 10:28 PM

I'm sorry to hear the PDX got cancelled. I know some people put alot of effort into promoting this. I love doing track days, but in my case I can only afford to do 1 or 2 of these a year. This might have been the case with some of the participants from the last pdx, since this one was so close. It is going to be very difficult to break even on track days unless midsouth brings 30+ participants. We can only guarantee 10-15 I would say. We might have to coordinate the next track day with a race weekend if possible to make it affordable. I think it will just take some time for the word to get out in memphis about the track re-opening.

On another note, Gene and I have talked about trying to bring "SkidMarks" back. We will work on putting this together.

gap

--
    26 Oct 2011 04:38 PM

Daniel I think you are doing a great job. Low numbers with Columbus are accounted for due to the holiday weekend for the base guys and some SCCA members that were between track events,

only so may days and dollars to spare. I think the track days need to be scheduled further in advance, like months in advance, which would give people plenty of time to get

prepared and not have any conflicts.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner