SPS 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 25 Oct 2011 11:57 PM by  gary p
Solo Season's over, try a Road Rally! Nov 6, Champaign County
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
gary p
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:2730


--
25 Oct 2011 06:00 PM

    The Champaign County Sports Car Club invites Chicago and Milwaukee SCCA members (and non-member lurkers) to the "Monticello Monte" TSD Road Rally on November 6, 2011. The rally starts at Subaru of Champaign County in Savoy, IL, and ends in Monticello, IL. The format of this rally is similar to a pro rally: ~80% of the rally is un-timed "transit" sections, the remaining is 20% is several short Control Zones which are like special stages except you attempt to maintain a single specified average speed instead of drive for maximum performance. Tulip diagrams are included to aid navigation. 95%+ tarmac but a few sections of gravel. $20 per car entry fee regardless of member status. Easy rally for novices, come give it a try!

    .pdf flier here: http://ccsportscarclub.org/files/20..._Flyer.pdf

    additional info will be posted at www.ccsportscarclub.org

    Z3papa
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:525


    --
    25 Oct 2011 08:01 PM
    Gary, guessed you missed the memo. We have four more Solo events still on the calendar including two this weekend and two the weekend of November 12-13, 2011.
    gary p
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2730


    --
    25 Oct 2011 09:03 PM
    Z3papa wrote:
    Gary, guessed you missed the memo. We have four more Solo events still on the calendar including two this weekend and two the weekend of November 12-13, 2011.

    Well, Chicago and Milwaukee are done with their Solo seasons. I'm hoping to catch some guys/gals who may be jonesing for another motorsports fix of some sort or another :).

    So....Chicago/Milwaukee members come to Champaign the next three weekends in a row and load up on motorsports fun for the winter! And bring your spouse/S.O. to the rally. Tell her/him it's a "communication exercise." ;)

    PullG
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:214


    --
    25 Oct 2011 10:14 PM
    gary p wrote:

    The format of this rally is similar to a pro rally: ~80% of the rally is un-timed "transit" sections, the remaining is 20% is several short Control Zones which are like special stages except you attempt to maintain a single specified average speed instead of drive for maximum performance.

    Sounds like a tamer variation the old Nocturnal Diffusion rallies...you running all night?

    gary p
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:2730


    --
    25 Oct 2011 11:57 PM
    PullG wrote:
    gary p wrote:

    The format of this rally is similar to a pro rally: ~80% of the rally is un-timed "transit" sections, the remaining is 20% is several short Control Zones which are like special stages except you attempt to maintain a single specified average speed instead of drive for maximum performance.

    Sounds like a tamer variation the old Nocturnal Diffusion rallies...you running all night?

    No, this is a daylight event with first car off at 1pm and finish around 5. We do have a "Nocturnal 1/2 returns" later in November that runs from 7pm to a little after midnight. Not sure if the format will be like above or a more traditional On-Time, All-the-Time. The last one (two years ago) was the latter.

    You are not authorized to post a reply.


    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

    Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

    SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

    Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank



    Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner