registration is now up and running!

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae...t_id=10710

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    23 Sep 2009 03:37 PM

Event Information and Registration

Hopefully your webmaster can get this on your club's website.

ET93DSM

--
    02 Oct 2009 02:37 PM
    Just reg. if i get the talon running I will be ther. It should be running.
    ET93DSM

--
    08 Oct 2009 06:11 PM
    Where is the flyer or something explaining when where what to bring. I have a few people you would like to come but want to see a flyer of some sort. Maybe this is why you guys don't have members. So if someone would get me the info i might be able to have a few more cars out there.
    KBroeker

--
    09 Oct 2009 05:35 AM

Talon person, I am glad you are showing an interest in a passion that many of us here share. Here is a link to how Solo/AutoX "works" that includes links to more sites: http://www.soloracer.com/autoxguide.html

I do not speak for the club nor have I been to meetings (or solos, for that matter) recently and I do not know what the schedule will be for this event, but I would plan on being on site at 8am so you can ask questions about what to do and walk the course with some people who have done this a few times. You will find (in spite of the negatives that have been on this forum recently) that the people who do this are generally pleasant and willing to help out a fellow competetor. Do not be shy about asking for help.

Sometimes there is a vendor on site to sell food, but sometimes there is not. You will be there until at least mid-afternoon, so plan accordingly. Typically there are only two "heat", so you will run one heat and work another (everyone works who runs). There is time between heats to wolf down a sandwich, but usually not enough to run into Auburn for a Big Muck. Also plan for the weather. Mid-October at Kruse can mean an Indian Summer 75 deg. sunny day or it can mean a 40 deg pissing rain. We run no matter what (except when there is lightning or severe weather). Make sure your car is sound mechanically; the tech inspection is for safety, not rules infringement. Make sure your battery is tight (bungie cords are generally frowned upon), the brake pedal is firm (not spongy), your throttle returns, no missing wheel studs/lug nuts, no sloppy wheel bearings, no corded tires and no loose objects (other than the driver) inside the cabin. I'm sure George, Steve and/or Mavis can add to my list if I missed anything.

By the way, this is not as easy as and is more intense than most people think. Experience and seat time count for alot, so do not be discouraged if you show up in a fast car that you know how to drive well and cannot hang with the top half of the field. Be happy to be out there and strive to improve with each run.

Now it is time to do the job I get paid for. Good luck..

ET93DSM

--
    09 Oct 2009 04:57 PM

Thanks alot Kyle. I am Ron Conrad's son-in-law. Barbi and I raced a few years ago. She has decided to allow me to race this last race, so i figure i would try to get info.

Andrew Clay

KBroeker

--
    12 Oct 2009 05:39 AM

Andrew-

I remember you. I did not know if you had moved or just was not participating. Have fun with the October event.

chriskrumnow

--
    12 Oct 2009 07:04 AM

The flyer is up at my autoevents.com. You can print it out from there.

KBroeker

--
    12 Oct 2009 08:24 AM

Chris-

I am looking here .>>> http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm...t_id=10710 and not seeing a link to a flyer. Also checked the FWR SCCA site (http://www.fwscca.com/) and found nothing there. Am I missing something?

Just though you might like to know...

chriskrumnow

--
    12 Oct 2009 10:09 AM

Try this one.

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae...t_id=10710

The flyer link on myautoevents.com is about 3/4 down the page.

KBroeker

--
    12 Oct 2009 11:02 AM

Cool, the flyer is there and it has entrance fees and a schedule. If it was there before, I must have just looked past it (it is below the block with the contact info and the insert for the local weather).

Thanks!

chriskrumnow

--
    12 Oct 2009 03:18 PM
    I always do my courses on excel before I put them together at the event. So far there is a holy moly fast turn, no slaloms cones closer than 54 ft and ofsetting chigago boxes big enough for cp cars. When done it should be fast enough for cp cars and easy enough to not hit too many cones. I can't change the sany nature of the lot though. If you have any ideas let me know.
    flogger

--
    12 Oct 2009 05:36 PM

chriskrumnow wrote:
    I always do my courses on excel before I put them together at the event. So far there is a holy moly fast turn, no slaloms cones closer than 54 ft and ofsetting chigago boxes big enough for cp cars. When done it should be fast enough for cp cars and easy enough to not hit too many cones. I can't change the sany nature of the lot though. If you have any ideas let me know.

Chris,

How many of the lots do you get to use? West, South and East like we've been getting lately? We've had some nice courses there recently with that arrangement.

Scott

chriskrumnow

--
    12 Oct 2009 06:04 PM
    Not sure yet. Drove by today and there was nothing in any parking lot. I should find out tomorrow. It is supposed to be sunny and 50. That's not to bad for mid october.
    sts38
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Oct 2009 06:35 AM

chriskrumnow wrote:

Due to the sandy nature of Kruse, split heats have always worked well. This gives everyone a shot at a clean course in the afternoon. If you need help setting up course, let me know and I can show up early.

KBroeker

--
    13 Oct 2009 11:24 AM

Chris-

If you want to send me the course map when you are done, I can put a "safety eye" on it. You might want to send to Jerry S. as well.

ET93DSM

--
    13 Oct 2009 04:56 PM
    I wont be at the event kyle. Finally got the talon's timing on and not there is a tick. So not going to chance it.
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    13 Oct 2009 07:28 PM

I won't be there, but I really hate split heats. Why would the course be cleaner in the afternoon. It is usually worse because there ends up being only one line through the course, any other line, and you are in the built up sand on the outside of every turn. Split heats require extra change overs. I much prefer a 3 heat day where you run, work, and you are off one heat to enjoy the day or grab a sandwich.

Of course if you have less than 60 cars, then you would be stuck with two heats. I guess if you don't have many entrants you could run two heats in the morning, break for lunch, change the course, and run two heats in the afternoon then score it like a two day event. I would be ok with that.

sts38
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Oct 2009 04:08 AM
    RonConrad wrote:

I won't be there, but I really hate split heats. Why would the course be cleaner in the afternoon. It is usually worse because there ends up being only one line through the course, any other line, and you are in the built up sand on the outside of every turn. Split heats require extra change overs. I much prefer a 3 heat day where you run, work, and you are off one heat to enjoy the day or grab a sandwich.

Of course if you have less than 60 cars, then you would be stuck with two heats. I guess if you don't have many entrants you could run two heats in the morning, break for lunch, change the course, and run two heats in the afternoon then score it like a two day event. I would be ok with that.

Ron....I wish you were coming. I was really hoping we could fill the ST field. We ran split heats the last 2 or 3 times I've ran at Kruse (with a lunch break) and I think it worked out great IMO. At the regional level there seems to be enough variety in lines driven that the clean line is rather wide. I couldn't believe the amount of grip I had the last time I ran there during the afternoon session. It was definitely MUCH better than the morning session. You are right, with 21 cars pre-reg'd, 3 heats won't be possible.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner