47 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
Bigblockbandit

--
14 Oct 2009 05:03 AM

I was looking over the entry list and sign up on my events and noticed the restriction on Karts this event. I was sort of planning to bring the boys and Karts with me this weekend and make a showing. Is there a problem running Karts at Kruse or did I forget to tell someone we were planning on making the event?

Sean Rupp

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Oct 2009 07:52 AM
Travis, you got your Toyos yet?? [:D]
sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Oct 2009 08:29 AM
Peppler33CS wrote:
sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Oct 2009 08:31 AM

Peppler33CS wrote:

Not yet....I'll probably wait until mid-next year. I'm sure the story will change by then.

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Oct 2009 07:23 PM

Weather will be at least decent (sunny and 50) with no chance of rain! Pre-register now to help out T&S/Registration to get the event started on time. Make sure to layer your clothes... I expect a cold morning and then warming up a bit once the sun starts to come out. Gloves and something to cover the ears will be nice to have when working the course.

Can we have someone bring a gas powered leaf blower? I think we had one there before.. maybe it would be nice to do a quick clean between heats?

Do we know how much of the lot we have to play with yet?

CSP137

--
16 Oct 2009 08:30 AM
Bigblockbandit wrote:

I was looking over the entry list and sign up on my events and noticed the restriction on Karts this event. I was sort of planning to bring the boys and Karts with me this weekend and make a showing. Is there a problem running Karts at Kruse or did I forget to tell someone we were planning on making the event?

Sean Rupp

Sean,

I don't recall ever seeing carts at Kruse. I figured because it would be like racing on a washboard, but I'd say try Rainer or Chris

Solo Director Rainer Helmchen fwsolo09@aol.com
event master Chris Krumnow fwsccasoloprogram@gmail.com

CSP137

--
16 Oct 2009 08:30 AM

Sorry for the double post

sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Oct 2009 08:36 AM
CSP137 wrote:
Bigblockbandit wrote:

Sean Rupp

Sean,

I don't recall ever seeing carts at Kruse. I figured because it would be like racing on a washboard, but I'd say try Rainer or Chris

Hoovers (from OVR) brought their kart over for our final event at Kruse a year or two ago.

wrheadle

--
16 Oct 2009 09:11 AM

chriskrumnow wrote:
Not sure yet. Drove by today and there was nothing in any parking lot. I should find out tomorrow. It is supposed to be sunny and 50. That's not to bad for mid october.

Any word on how much of the lot we get?

chriskrumnow

--
16 Oct 2009 09:21 AM
We have the whole lot. Only concerned that we won't have enough corner workers. Sean you can bring the carts we are trying to stay away from the really rough spots. Still not sure if it will be smooth enough for a cart though. We are going to meet at 1pm to put the course together saturday. We can always use help.
KBroeker

--
16 Oct 2009 03:19 PM

Chris-

A few words of caution on a wide open lot at Kruse versus a sane course design. My first event at FWR was October 2005. I had relocated to Ft. Wayne earlier in the Summer and had not been to any events since the early Spring (in Indy), so I was a little out of practice. I did not realize how loose the surface was there at Kruse and had my car set-up from my notes from a gripier surface. For my first run, I looked like a WRC driver (only not that good, just loose like I was on gravel). The grid was on the east side of the N-S running building and the course started about even with the S end of the building, went out into the that large lot SW of the main buildings and ended in a fast decreasing radius curve going past the main gate in the south fence. T&S was between the start and the finish. Of course, there was some feature to slow people down after the finish, but with the decreasing radius, the slipperiness, the speed and braking at the same time, many people (including me) got loose at or after the finish and ended up pointing towards T&S (maybe a few T&S workers got their own racing stripes...). If anyone else remember's this and has a story, please share. I adjusted my rear shocks and tire pressures, adjusted the loose nut behind the wheel and did better in my later runs, by the way (I think I was in the top 10 in PAX that day).

So, lesson one. Pay attention to what you do when you are coming back towards people. The other thing you need to realize is that if you are going around a building, you are limiting sight and you need to make sure you have enough people and that radio communications are really good. You might also need to limit how soon you let the next car go. This was always an issue when I ran at 16th Street in Indy. It is the site of the old Indians staduim, so it is an L-shaped lot where the one leg of the L is out of site from Start, Finish and T&S. So, they typically would hold start until the first car was clear of the "hidden" section. Others who have been there can coroborrate.

Anyway, my recollections and $0.02...

BTW, Mavis photo of me out in the "klag" at this event, FWIW >>> http://www.fwscca.com/Solo/Events/S...to_17.html

chriskrumnow

--
16 Oct 2009 03:57 PM
That was actually my first event ever. I still remember the course. I actually still have the course map. That last sweeper was giving everyone issues and there was not enough run off. I like smooth rolling courses. Sharp turns and kruse are not a good idea. I am open minded about the course. I am not as rigid as you might think. I just like to have my ideas on paper. If they don't work I always have a backup plan. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
racer3031

--
16 Oct 2009 04:13 PM
can anybody show up and run this
chriskrumnow

--
16 Oct 2009 04:28 PM
You need a valid drivers licence, and your car must pass tech. Tech isn't too bad. Make all loose items are out of the car, you have all your lugs and your battery is tied down. If you have any questions just give me a call. 2604607289
sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Oct 2009 04:35 PM

racer3031 wrote:
can anybody show up and run this

Some of this material is a little dated.....but it's a great starting point for a first timer.

http://www.tirerack.com/features/so...ndbook.htm

racer3031

--
16 Oct 2009 04:59 PM
so do you have a novice class? i'll be running 2010 camaro ss stock been drag racing for years thought id try this i'm sure i'd a least ad some comedy anyway
OneEyeMedia

--
16 Oct 2009 05:22 PM

yep, be sure to let reg know you are a novice - you get paxed with other novice racer!

If you guys need help with course setup - let me know, I could show up early to help if you want, let me know!

Travis - maybe I can ride down with ya?

RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
17 Oct 2009 07:52 PM
you might get a big crowd since the Great Lakes Solo Series Banquet was today in Auburn. Anybody from FWR go there to promote the Sunday autocross?
mavisky

--
18 Oct 2009 07:27 PM

racer3031 wrote:
so do you have a novice class? i'll be running 2010 camaro ss stock been drag racing for years thought id try this i'm sure i'd a least ad some comedy anyway

Could have sworn I saw your car drive by today about 11:30 or so. Should have made it there about 2 hours earlier and gotten signed up to run. I think the entrance being on the east side of the auction lot as opposed to the typical main entrance on the south side.

VerizonGuy

--
18 Oct 2009 08:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw you as well. You parked where the auction parking was.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner