Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Han Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
04 Nov 2011 04:29 PM
    Not sure if this is the right place to inquire.
    Where do I get road course spindles for a late model stockcar? What info do I need to source them. This is a townsend chassis with stamped steel big spring lower control arms and 5x5 hubs.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Nov 2011 05:27 PM
    There are several places that are a bonanza for stock car parts......

www.colemanracing.com

www.lefthanderchassis.com

www.stockcarproducts.com

I am a web type of guy, but it is worth getting a catalog from the first two. I haven't done much with SCP lately (since they became Carls) I only mention them because IIRC they had an unmachined cast spindle that looked decent.

Do you know what is different in your spindles from side to side? I always thought they did the offset in the control arms. Are they fabricated or cast/forged?

HTH,

DaveW
    Han Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Nov 2011 09:40 PM
    These are fabricated. For one thing the spindles are at different heights on the left and right. I assume the left has some positive camber built in looking at it and the way most left hander spindles I've seen are. The control arms measure the same left and right. I don't like the uppers because the ball joint is angled downward and looks like it's at the end of it's travel with the front jacked up. I will most likely replace both spindles and upper control arms at minimum.

Thanks for the links. I think I've already checked those out but I'll look them over again.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Nov 2011 10:11 PM
    Not sure if it is relevant, but I used Coleman's fabricated asphalt spindles on my car.

IMO you might want to put all the measurements in some kind of suspension analyzer program so you know what you are changing. It doesn't take too much change to really dick up roll centers and such.

Also remember that you will need much less travel than they would on dirt.

DaveW
    Han Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Nov 2011 10:14 PM
    I should be able to put something together from here if I can figure out which parts I need.

http://www.colemanracing.com/Spindl...P3706.aspx
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner